what type of tire to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what type of tire to buy?

Hey everyone I got a 97' F150 4x4, with the 4.6 and im looking to get some new tires here soon but was wanting to see what a good all terrain tire would be thats not to expensive, not looking for a bfgoodrich, or bridgestone, nothing to expensive.any advice would be great. thanks!

adam

Mastercraft coursers or Cooper Discoverer

That is what I will be aiming towards when i replace the tires on the 2500.
    I have the Mastercraft Courser C/T on the Wrangler which has now been assigned daily driver duty.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

I love my Dayton, Timberline A/T's and M/t's.

Comment

my buddy has the timberline a/t and the tread doesnt look that aggressive.it may be me but how are they offroad because i do tend to go on old logging roads in kent. and here at school and farm fields so i want something with decent wear on them to that will last longer than 20000 miles which the set i have now have not.

Comment

For a street driven vehicle, I would steer away from the Dayton M/T's. My experience is that they wear like iron but they are LOUD. I thought that I was gonna jump out of my truck:(
          1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
          FJ 40 axles (4.10)
          5.14 tcase
          36" TSL SX

Comment

yeah.i am trying to stay away from a m/t.i do want something with aggresive tread though but decent tire wear and even to last over 40000 miles.

Comment

nitto terra grapplers
              sigpic

Comment

BFG A/T KO's

I've been selling them/running them for 6 years now and they out perform and out last damn near every A/T on the market. 3 Ply sidewalls for extra protection aired down and you can get them in 8 or 10 ply in most sizes. They do well on and off road and are very quiet for an aggressive tire. I've run them on my Cherokee and have ran the KM M/T and now run the KM2 M/T on my TJ now and love them. My average customer gets 40-50k + out of the A/T's depending on rotations and keeping the vehicle in proper alignment.

I also sell Toyo Open Country A/T, American Prospector A/T (Cooper), Kumho has a very nice SAT KL61,Michelin has there new LTX A/T 2, **** Cepek FC2 and Mickey Thompson's ATZ.

Let me know (PM) if I can help out with anyone needing tires or wheels. I carry lift's and performance parts/upgrades and install them too. Mention this post for 10% off

Joe
                06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

I can get a hell of a deal on nokian vatiiva at's. Just shoot me a size. Had them on my old blazer and loved them. They are rated at 55000 miles and handle really well on the road and amazing in snow and ice.
                  1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.

Comment

hankook makes a pretty sweet tire, that isn't too salty.
                    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

ok thanks for all the help guys.im going to do some research this weekend and decide.i was looking at the general grabbers 2's and mastercraft courser, the only problem with the bfg's are there a lil' pricey and im in college.lol. but i will look at every option and let you guys know if ill need a supplier. thanks a lot.

adam

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                        nitto terra grapplers
                        Ive put bout 40,000 on my terra grapplers and i think I'll make it 2 next winter. but they r a 33x12.50" on a 12" wide rim, thats alot of tire contact
                        sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

how much do the terra grapplers run a tire?

Comment

mine were 385 a piece but thats for 20" rim 4 that matter all 20" a/t's are stupid expensive, hell the km2 i want this fall r bout 400 and some change lol
                            sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol.i dont have that big just want 285/75/r16's.i think there about 200 a lil less.

Comment

Working...
                              X