wiring the back lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring the back lights

Ok i got everything hooked up right so im told by someone who know a little about wiring buti still have no running turn or brake light and i know nothing about wiring lights can anyone help me point me inthe right derction its a yj 94
    08 jeep Sahara soon to be with 33s

do you want it done right or do you just want it to work ??? haha on my bronco I spliced into the headlight wires and ran from there to the back it had no tail lights when I got it

I'm sure you want more professional job but that will get you lights
    86 Ford Bronco

Comment

?????

that still wouldnt give me brake lights right

Comment

check were they split in the rear for the two lights, mine had a short right there and was a little gremlin to find. other than that you have the lightis in and wired to oem specs? leds or factory lights?
        Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

His lights are after market led and whoever put them in cut the factory harness and just wired them in that way they are not grounded to the body or frame its kinda a wiring nightmare
          98 xj 4.5" lift

Comment

Get a test light and run a new good ground wire. then turn on your running lights and connect the test light between the "for sure good ground" and the wires. The one that is hot (test light lights up) is your running lights, repeat prochedure for left turn signal & right turn signal, etc. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
              Get a test light and run a new good ground wire. then turn on your running lights and connect the test light between the "for sure good ground" and the wires. The one that is hot (test light lights up) is your running lights, repeat prochedure for left turn signal & right turn signal, etc. Good luck!

I agree, at this point that is yer best shot. Factory lights didnt have a ground they grounded threw the bolts on the back of the light ( at least on my cj and my old yj) its a 3 wire platform right?? brake,running, back ups?

On your Jeep the wire colors at the tail lamps should be as follows.
              Reverse = white/black
              turn/stop = white
              park = light green/black
              and it grounds through the housing.
              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by jwend View Post
                I agree, at this point that is yer best shot. Factory lights didnt have a ground they grounded threw the bolts on the back of the light ( at least on my cj and my old yj) its a 3 wire platform right?? brake,running, back ups?

On your Jeep the wire colors at the tail lamps should be as follows.
                Reverse = white/black
                turn/stop = white
                park = light green/black
                and it grounds through the housing.
                Thanks for everyones input i will let you all know

Comment

back lights

it needed grounded to te bolt

Comment

great!