1992 YJ Automatic Trans Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 YJ Automatic Trans Problems

Just put the trans in and drove it for two days. Everything was great, It was shifting great and didn't get hot. On the third day i stopped at a red light and went to go and there was nothing. The linkage is still hooked up and there is fluid in it but it will not move in any gear or reverse. My T case isn't in neutral either. There was no noise before this happened and I had no reason to believe it would do this. I'm sure it needs rebuilt but I am hoping it may be something a little easier and not to expensive. Does anybody have any ideas or know of anybody that can rebuild it at a reasonable price? Thanks

from experience...drop the pan and make sure the pickup is not blocked or clogged up. and check the vacuum line.
    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

The problem is that it's an auto... hahaha, sorry, had to say it...

Boomie knows best... he can pull his C6 apart in his sleep now because of the time spent looking for his problem (that turned out to be clogged intake)... Start with the simplest problem...

"Just put the trans in..." does that mean that it just got rebuilt/installed, or that you blew the previous one and decided that this one "looked clean enough" from the junkyard?

Don't get me wrong, not poking fun, just unsure of the history...
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

My jeep is an 87 and I did a 4.0 fuel injection swap. Bought the whole motor and trans together out of a 92 to use and thats why it was just put in. I have been considering swapping it for a manual but I am tired of it sitting after the motor swap and I want the easiest and quickest way to fix it for now and the manual swap may be later down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
          The problem is that it's an auto... hahaha, sorry, had to say it...

Boomie knows best... he can pull his C6 apart in his sleep now because of the time spent looking for his problem (that turned out to be clogged intake)... Start with the simplest problem...

"Just put the trans in..." does that mean that it just got rebuilt/installed, or that you blew the previous one and decided that this one "looked clean enough" from the junkyard?

Don't get me wrong, not poking fun, just unsure of the history...

wasn't clogged...just wrong one
          95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

i'd double check all your linkages again. seems like it would have slipped or something first.
            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
            X