caburated vs fuel injected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caburated vs fuel injected.

Ill try and make this short. I bought a 350 with a TBI. I'd like to run a fuel injection, cause let's be honest, no one offroads on flat ground. The person I'm building the jeep with (stubborn father) wants to run Carburated because of the throttle response, and easy to operate. Here's my question, do I run fuel injected, or do I spend the money to convert back to caburated? I know Holley has a 4wd carb. And I know with Fuel Injected you have to worry about a wet computer. They both have pro's and con's. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Throttle response is just as good with injection. Can be harder to work on but ultimately is more reliable in my opinion. I have had my jeep on steep hills and almost over and with out injection would have stalled and would have put me in bad situations. Keep the injection. If you dont you will wish you had.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
      Throttle response is just as good with injection. Can be harder to work on but ultimately is more reliable in my opinion. I have had my jeep on steep hills and almost over and with out injection would have stalled and would have put me in bad situations. Keep the injection. If you dont you will wish you had.
      That's what I was saying, plus we're going to be running a Comp Cam Thumper cam that's going to make it rev up quicker. Thanks for the advise!

Comment

Originally posted by FollowMyRuts View Post
        That's what I was saying, plus we're going to be running a Comp Cam Thumper cam that's going to make it rev up quicker. Thanks for the advise!
        Even the mildest "Thumper" cam for the 89 to 98 Chevy motors says in the install notes "Not for use with EFI applications" and are for originally roller camed morors

Any thing but a very mild cam that affects idle vacuum too much will require major retuning if it could be made to work smoothly at all. I would find a cam meant to work with the TBI.
        89 YJ EFI AMC 360, T18a, D20, built D44, 14 bolt, 38" Creepy Crawlers.

Comment

going backwards is stupid, ditch the cam for an RV cam & run an upgaded TBI computer. It will run 10X better off road, and TBI has a huge following. Simple once you learn it.

Comment

Throttle response in an EFI setup pwns carbs, period. (Even TBI setups.) Add weather and angle to the equation and it's not even close. EFI rules.

Comment

Working...
            X