Waggy springs on a Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waggy springs on a Toyota

Helping a friend with a mostly stock 85 toy that has a broken front leaf. I have a set of stock front 5 leaf waggy springs that i bought a few years back before i went with toy rears up front on my truck. I am thinking of swapping them in for him to get going again. Is it worth the swap or should i talk him into trying to find different springs? Some lift would be good as the truck has 34x10.50's and someones horrible homemade 2" body lift(thats coming out) to try to clear them. All thoughts/opinions welcome.
    85 toyota ex cab a few goodies

dont waggy springs have offset center pin??? i think they are pretty similar to putting rears up front if i remember right??? nothing wrong with doing that...its a good swap just have to re work steering..
    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

toy factory front springs are 45" long pin split front/rear 22.5"/22.5"
      Waggy springs are 47" long pin f/r 22.5"/24.5".

Should i be worried running a spring that is meant to be SUA in a SOA setup? BTW, its just a trail only truck. The truck doesn't get wheeled hard yet as it belongs to my 16yr old neighbor whos still learning to drive in the woods. Tryin to the help the youngin' wheel as cheap as possible since i've already donated most of the truck to him:). My 4 & 5yr old think he's their brother now.
      85 toyota ex cab a few goodies

Comment

the only i would consider thinking about is the weight difference between the two vehicles. The waggy springs might be a little stiff under the lighter toyota.

sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by blustroker View Post
          toy factory front springs are 45" long pin split front/rear 22.5"/22.5"
          Waggy springs are 47" long pin f/r 22.5"/24.5".
          i'd run the 22.5'' end on the fixed end so the axle won't move, then make a little longer shackle to eat up the extra length on the other, pull a leaf or 2 out and run run em. people run them on jeeps all the time with leafs pulled, just plan on them bending eventually.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Run em and pull a leaf if necessary. I run 44044's (Rancho waggy lift springs) which were a direct change over. Course I'm running a small block up front, so I needed the extra support.

Comment

Working...
            X