Wrangler Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrangler Seatbelts

I found some seatbelts to buy out of 92 Jeep Wrangler for the Family Style roll bar. None of the four seat belts will open they all stay in the retract position are they all broken or wound to tight, can they be fix or should I move on. Looking for some guidence.

if you have not put them in yet try holding them in there mounted posistion and then open them. the inertia mechanism sounds like it is holding them
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbetr View Post
      I found some seatbelts to buy out of 92 Jeep Wrangler for the Family Style roll bar. None of the four seat belts will open they all stay in the retract position are they all broken or wound to tight, can they be fix or should I move on. Looking for some guidence.
      I'v tried holding them, looking inside of them, the only thing I have'nt done is bolt them in and try to open them will that make a difference.

Comment

bolting them in shouldnt make a difference as long as you are holding them in the same posistion they would be mounted in but its worth a try with one. i find it hard to beleive that all of them are doing it the same thats why i figured it to be the inertia mechanism locking them up. thats why i run aftermarket belt in my wheeler because factory ones will lock up if you are on anything but flat level ground and if you take them off on a hill they retract and you will not get them back on until you are back on that same level ground. hope this helps.
        One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Thank you, it does help, i also find hard to believe all four belts do not work, but the guy bought them all ready taken out of the jeep and he never tested them. I think I will buy aftermarket belts. Once again Thanks for the help until next time. - Cribbet Out!

Comment

Working...
          X