York 210 on a 258 with v-belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York 210 on a 258 with v-belts

Anyone out there running a 258 wth a York compressor for oba? I would like to see some pics of your setup.

The pics I have seen mount the alternator down low and I would like to keep it up high. I was thinking of making a bracket to mount it to the side of the york. But I thought I would check out what others are running.

I picked up a pair of 210 yorks at the IOK swap meet along with some stock a/c brackets.

Let me know.

scotty85 ran that on his FSJ

Comment

i ran mine with factory brackets,with the alternator underneath. i never changed it because i never really had issues with it right under. my york was higher than the valve cover so its not like the alt is down below the crank pully.

post up some pics of whatever you come up with :)
      scotty

85 grand wagoneer(whats left of it)
      77 scout II truggy
      84 chevy "home made crewcab"

Delightfully Tacky,Yet Unrefined

Comment

Yep, alt under the York. The spacers can be a pain if you drop them. These are all the pics I have of it

Comment

Can you post some pics of the alternator mount? Also, what is the brace coming off the back of your york? Do you think that is necessary? Did you use the idler near the alternator or just the one near the power steering pump or both?

I am planning on mounting mine standing up. I thought about making a bracket to adapt my stock alternator bracket to the side of the york. But after looking at it doesn't seem like it is all too low using the stock brackets.

Let me know. I will certainly post some pics after I get it done. It will be awhile. I am thinking this is a good winter project.

Comment

My mount is from Kilby many years ago and a bolt on pully to the crank is what runs it. You might get a better picture of the mount on Kilby's site.

The extra brace must be needed, I have never had any problem with it. The fan being closer to the radiator has caused problems in the past. Someday I will get the contour fan for it.

Comment

Working...
            X