5.3 chevy, auto setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.3 chevy, auto setup

Anyone know of a 5.3 chevy motor with auto trans. and a plug n play wiring harness for sale? Or know how to acquire a harness and computer built to run in a jeep? Looking at some possibilities for something in the future and know the 5.3 is a good power to weight option. Thanks, Scott
    Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM.
    sigpic

I was talking to Carwash about a take out 5.3 the other day... hit him up the guy may still have it
    Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Scott , check R&D on Yankee Rd. in Middletown . I was there the other day and was talking to the parts guy and he acted like he couldn't give the 4.8,5.3 and 6.0 platforms away because people just are not having problems out of them and they are lasting forever. I didn't ask prices but it sounded like you could get one cheap.

Comment

Wondering who out there makes a harness for these that will adapt into anything easily as someone must due to many of these making their way into offroad rigs.
        sigpic

Comment

i have a business card for a guy in missouri...for 300 bucks you send him your harness and he will build you a buggy harness basically and reflash the computer....let me find his card today and ill send you the number...
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
            i have a business card for a guy in missouri...for 300 bucks you send him your harness and he will build you a buggy harness basically and reflash the computer....let me find his card today and ill send you the number...
            Sweet! Thanks! Painless wiring is supposed to get back with me on a harness as well. They did the harness that was in the jeep I had with the 8.1.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              Sweet! Thanks! Painless wiring is supposed to get back with me on a harness as well. They did the harness that was in the jeep I had with the 8.1.
              last time i talked to you,you were going to do a v-10?change your mind again?

Comment

Originally posted by krawlin85toy View Post
                Nope! Different project.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krawlin85toy View Post
                  Nope! Different project.
                  Cause it's a different day....Sally...
                  I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                    Cause it's a different day....Sally...
                    i know your a person that changes his mind on a daily basis,but I think I know you can't multi-task on several projects

Comment

turn key performance may offer one
                      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Anyone know of a 5.3 chevy motor with auto trans. and a plug n play wiring harness for sale? Or know how to acquire a harness and computer built to run in a jeep? Looking at some possibilities for something in the future and know the 5.3 is a good power to weight option. Thanks, Scott
                        i am sure you are not building a Landcrusier, but there is a whole lot of info and part sources on here http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/... just search 5.3 chevy... there are a ton of fj60's with 5.3's in them out west...
                        sigpic
                        chris hodges
                        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Valley Auto in Dayton has a complete 5.3 still in the truck for $650. They told me that if someone were to pull it, they could have the computer and wiring harness for another $150.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                            Valley Auto in Dayton has a complete 5.3 still in the truck for $650. They told me that if someone were to pull it, they could have the computer and wiring harness for another $150.
                            what year was it? Do not want drive by wire.
                            sigpic

Comment

what year was it? Do not want drive by wire.
                              I'm not sure. Here is their information if you want to give them a call. Pretty good folks to work with.

Valley Auto Parts

1800 Valley Street
                              Dayton, OH 45404-2218
                              (937) 228-6000

Comment

Working...
                              X