Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov-lock issue in '03 Chevy 2500HD

'03 2500HD w/ 10.5" AAM
    So the Gov-lock decided to lock and stay locked the other morning on the way to work. No loud bangs or anything, just started noticing some weird handling around curves and then verified in the parking lot that the rear tires were locked together and acting like a spool.

Anybody have an exploded diagram or maybe something out of the factory service manual that show these things. I can identify a Gov-lock pretty easy, but can't necessarily determine what little weights and springs are supposed to be where (unless something is obviously fubar'd).

Any suggestions on what might have happened? I'll be pulling the cover on Saturday.

Can anybody verify if the Dodge factory torsen limited slip would fit. I know they use the same 10.5" AAM. I've had quite a bit of experience with them and they seem to work good. Not even completely against putting in another Gov-lock as up until the other day I never had any issues with it and was happy with it's performance.

as far as the dodge unit fitting, I believe the axles are a different spline count, but I may be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bgwyllys61 View Post
      as far as the dodge unit fitting, I believe the axles are a different spline count, but I may be wrong
      They are the same spline.

Comment

does this help?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...light=gov+lock
        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Working...
        X