Anyone know where I can find this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can find this?

Lookin for a brake line ball valve to use as a line lock.... Loookin for one wirh a bigger handle easier to grab. Standard 3/ 16th brake fttg.. Anyone seen one?. No luck at jegs, summit, or day motorsports so far.....
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Couldn't find anything, but for what it sounds like what you want... here's an alternative: you can plumb in a push or pull clutch master cylinder in-line with your rear brake circuit... rig it up so an e-brake lever pushes or pulls on the clutch master... When you pull the lever it basically cuts the brake circuit in half as it seals, and continues to compress the rear fluid circuit as you pull the lever further.

Somebody posted it in my build thread on Pirate, if I didn't already have a t-case brake I'd consider it... seems pretty sweet!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=214

Comment

This may or may not work for you. From the buggy world.
      http://www.appletreeauto.com/PARK-LOC-HYDRAULIC/
      a couple different apps, good luck.
      1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
      3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

try - www.surpluscenter.com

Comment

Flatlander, that is quite the setup sounds like..it sounds simular to cutting brakes...
          for the record, ihad the comp style cutting brakes on my last one and cant say I was impressed w it, trying to go with a true line lock, or preferably a manual style for now...

Want front an rear dig capability, but cant cough up the coin for a air shifted case, so im stickin with the atlas. While it is syncronized, u gotta bemovin slow or sttopped anyway, so I think ball valve or ll be my choice. .also I cant fit a two pedal brake cause of tightness. Wish I could.

Comment

Big ram, that looks like would be perfect... Not what I had in mind, ...probably a lot better actually! Sarge im having tough time on surpluss site search but it may be there..

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
              This may or may not work for you. From the buggy world.
              http://www.appletreeauto.com/PARK-LOC-HYDRAULIC/
              a couple different apps, good luck.
              I like the looks of that one. Do you pull to release it or press on the brake pedal?

Comment

try a towing company supplier, Blust?on colrain ave.

Comment

Originally posted by 8UP View Post
                  I like the looks of that one. Do you pull to release it or press on the brake pedal?
                  To be honest I'm not sure. I had one on the buggy I just sold but never used it. I think you push the brake pedal down, and then push the lever to lock the fluid in.

I think they are designed to release when you hit the brake pedal.
                  1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
                  3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Working...
                  X