Propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane

Fixin to order my setup... Have the choice of electric or vacume shutoff/saftey...
    whats everybody prefer of the two..?and why...?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

i chose vacuum so it would shut off when engine not running, instead flipping a switch. aetna guys said dont need one but feel safer with it
    SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Vacuum, definitely. Not only does it shut off when the engine does but its simple. No wires to short out or have problems with. In 15 years I have never had a vacuum lock off fail. In that same time I have had multiple electric ones fail. Only about 10 years ago did the government start requireing two lock off devices when running propane. Off road vehicles are not subject to this law. If you plan on competeing you will need to check the rules. I have many older machines with only one lock off and I plan on keeping them that way. Honestly the second lock off just adds another place that can break in the system. Nothing wrong with having an extra one but that is just my experience. Finally if you run a vacuum lock off I may have some extra ones laying around in the rare case that you have a problem with yours. I throw away all the electric ones.
      UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

Working...
      X