nuetral safety switch 89 Jeep YJ AUTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuetral safety switch 89 Jeep YJ AUTO

Where is the wiring for this? I'm coming into a buddies project swapping a 305 in a YJ and cannot find the switch. Is it in the steering column, under the dash by the doghouse? does it run up under the firewall to the engine bay? color? type of connector?
    86 Sami buggy, Locked, CJ/RUF with missing links, Polaris Predator Carb, Yota powersteering and axles, 36's

Are you using a gm trans? year? if jeep its on trans along with a gm trans.Its with shifter linkage on trans.

Comment

Chevy trans in it now, but I'm just trying to bypass the switch to get the ignition wire to activate starter. The shift handle was on the steering column previously, which was swapped out with a non shifting steering column. (the chevy shifter is on top of the doghouse now)
      86 Sami buggy, Locked, CJ/RUF with missing links, Polaris Predator Carb, Yota powersteering and axles, 36's

Comment

I dont know or remember exacly where it is but I had an electrical melt down at livingston several years ago, and when my Yj had the original engine. Below the battery tray there was on the firewall something that looked like a relay but had several wires going to it and the wires all had ring terminals. I think all we did was take the wires off and that allowed it to start in gear. I believe it also has several fusible links going to it. Hope that helps. I have no idea if it is anywhere near the correct info for you.
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
        X