Throttle plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle plate

So, i just bought a propane kit and looks like i need a holly throttle plate to complete it.... Anyone know of a good source, or is this just need to take apart a junk carberator?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

nash fuel.com......click on "conversions kits" at the bottom of the page and then "throttle boddies" on the left he's in nicholsville, ky and helpful as hell, unlike carey

http://store03.prostores.com/servlet...IES/Categories

i have used the holly 2-barrell x ca225 on 3 different intakes(toy22r,toy2f and gm iron duke) theres is enough stock around the butterflies to re-drill another patteren
    sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, just bought a kit through him today, said he sells plates but his cost is prohibitive.... So tryin to find a better source...think uglyoffroad here said he has one to sell me.....

Yeah, bill nash is very helpfull

Comment

Ive got a holly 4 barrel sitting in the garage. It is the ford model so there is no Holley markings just a motorcraft tag.

Shawn

Comment

I used a throttlebody of a vortec motor

Comment

speedway motors has a billet aluminum throttle plate for 153$ same one nash sells for 325! if u use one on holley carb u hav to seal off middle hole in plate

summit and jegs hav it to proform co. that makes fawker
            Last edited by twiztedzuki; 04-28-2011, 12:47 PM.
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Ill look up speedway....thanx!

Dident fully understand ur last sentance .....

Comment

I have a standard aftermarket Holley 600 4 barrel carb on my shelf. Would that work?

Comment

lmao! proform is name of company that makes plate. i think plate needs be off at least a double pumper or 4150 type carb, if u do use plate off holley u have to fill a hole in middle of plate with sumthing
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Well an update...
                    got one from uglyoffroad....it has vacume secondaries.. Did a search on pbb, pretty much the general thought is to rig up the secondaries to the primaries via mechanical ,......dident see that anyone is running vacume type w propane...

And yeah, guess i use jb weld to fill that middle hole like t/z said, along with all the vacume secondary ports

Comment

If i had to guess on how to link these, id say not to bring secondaries on till primaries are 75% open.

But thats me guessin, so if anyone has imput id sit quietly and listen. Thanx

Comment

bill nash is the best guy around.he went way out of his way for me.he is way to high on his carb plate though.

Comment

dude wants like 325 for same plate!!!
                          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Another update...

Several theories on linkin these, most feel link secondaries directly to prims w no delay.. threw my 75% out the window...

But talkin to bill nash again confirmed letting prims open before secondaries.. although he suggested closer to 30%.. just to make sure full throttle has all open, which they do, btw...

Hopin to cruis down trail on just primaries and Sippin fuel, savin gas for pullin jwend up those big hills.. although I may be well off track on how pane mixer operates...
                            Last edited by yellowjacket; 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I would go for the partial pedal only on the primaries. I would think about somewhere in the 50/50 to 60/40 range for primary. I think that somewhere in this range would be more linear in its reaction. The mixer is a flow based device, more air draws more fuel.
                              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                              5.14 tcase
                              36" TSL SX

Comment

Working...
                              X