best place to read tranny temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place to read tranny temps

Turbo 400.. where's best place to tap into w my gauge?. Line to cooler, line after cooler, somewher else?. Or does it matter... seems like it would.

Anyone ever run a gauge to see what drop ur gettin over the cooler,btw?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

In the line to the cooler gives you the worst case scenario or what the trans is actually seeing. That's where I would go.
    I have heard about some people in diesel trucks running dual gauges until they get their cooler sized right.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

Two sending units, one gauge with a switch to go between the two senders. Run one sender on the line going into the trans, and one on the line coming out. Then you can switch back and forth and see how well your cooler is actually working.

I ran mine to a test port on the side in the last rig. It was a bad idea, as it reads a lot higher than the actual fluid flow. I had it in mind to change to the dual sender, but sold it before I got to it.

Comment

Awesome idea. That's how ill do it... best of both worlds.
        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

when i first read the thread post i Thought you were up to your old ways again.... dang Trannys get ya every time
          Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by jwend View Post
            when i first read the thread post i Thought you were up to your old ways again.... dang Trannys get ya every time
            lmfao
            S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

muskrat!

Comment

Working...
              X