Hydro -vs- Assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro -vs- Assist

If both were legal which would you prefer? Full hydro or hydro assist and which brand? Application is on a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited with dana 44's and 37's. Mostly street use with every other weekend in the rocks with a little luck. Highway occasionally. Looking at redneck ram, PSC, Howe and AGR. Any input? Thanks, Scott.
    sigpic

Hydro assist no question.

Even if you don't buy from them, give Lance or Kelvin a call at PSC... I only bought a cylinder and cooler from them, but was told all kinds of good stuff about getting my box and pump to work alright. They still aren't ideal... but that's because I am making do with my stupid Mercedes box on my 03 TJ Fine off road, it's just twitchy at highway speeds.

Comment

Assist no question for street. Full hydro no question for strictly off road. On road I want to feel the input and road, plus self centering Offroad I like the simplicity and strength of the full. I love my psc with double ended ram on the new buggy. It actually cruises down the street good too.
      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

You feel that you need assist with 37's?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          x2.... i ran mine on 42s for a good while only reason i did asisst was didnt want to twist steering gear off frame in huge rocks
          Last edited by jwend; 06-06-2011, 09:34 PM.
          Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

i have 38's on tons and my pump struggles to turn the tires in any type of a pinch......with a new pump and a psc box
            80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin678 View Post
              i have 38's on tons and my pump struggles to turn the tires in any type of a pinch......with a new pump and a psc box
              wont soon though!! hahaha

Comment

I had a psc box in my old jeep, and it had problems turning the 36 isux's offroad all the time. The stock box was worthless I had before.
                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

hydro steering

If you need it or not is up to you, but it will definatly help..full hydro is for off road only vehicles in my opinion..the ones i have expierenced dont have the best street manners.
                  ZUKI linked f/r 16v air shocks cut 39.5" tsl. exod. full hydro F/R. rear steer.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                    The stock jk boxes are weak and my sector shaft has lots of play in it with only 7700 miles on it. Thought it would ease the stress and help with death wobble very occasionally.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      The stock jk boxes are weak and my sector shaft has lots of play in it with only 7700 miles on it. Thought it would ease the stress and help with death wobble very occasionally.
                      Then its for sure worth it.. I think Howe is the best but super pricey.. if you are going to drive it on the road alot do a good set up.. psc or howe its just a peace of mind thing

Comment

Originally posted by jwend View Post
                        wont soon though!! hahaha
                        80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X