local places to get cb antena mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local places to get cb antena mount?

Goin out tomoro afternoon to flyin j truck stop to look for a spring and mount for my antenna. Cause I don't. Know anywere else. Any other places to look?

Thanx
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

I got the spring at radio shack...

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

R&L Electronics in Hamilton near High Street
      06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

The truck stops have a great selection of cb stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kb9qdi View Post
          R&L Electronics in Hamilton near High Street
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by krawlin85toy View Post
            x2
            I buy all my CB and Ham radio gear there. The Flying J in KY has a great CB selection but is way over priced. R&L is a CB/Ham radio heaven. I love going there

http://www.randl.com/shop/index.shtml

Comment

I just checked my garage and I have brand new coax with soldered PL259 ends and a brand new mount. I'll sell both for $20.

I'll be home or in Harrison all day Sunday if your interested. I have a SWR meter also and can help you hook it all up here and check your match if you need a hand with that also. I've been playing with Ham radios and CB's for years and have all the gear you need to do it right. It's one of many hobbies I have lol.

Call me if interested and we can get toether Sunday.

513-Three Seven Three- 77 Four 8. Call anytime after 7am is cool.

I'm at Exit 1 (New Haven Rd.) off of I-74 super close to Biggs/Home Depot where alot of people meet when going to Haspin. I can meet you there.

Joe

Edit: This offer stands for all if anyone else is interested just call me.
              Last edited by kb9qdi; 06-12-2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Richwood flea market... (cheap)
                Travel America truck stop on 18
                Ebay...

Comment

Wow I missed lots of posts in 24 hours!.

I figured radio shack had given up on cb junk. Hadent been in a rs in years. Figured it was just a cell fone store now. Thanx for the tip I stopped in mine in alexandria. Alas , but no cb junk. But he looked up and said florence one did. So I went there. They had spring and one mount. I figured since I already an hour from home id go on to flyin j ten more mins..lol.. they had the stud mount that would be perfect. And the spring. So I'm good!

I got a wilson 180 flex and coax from right channel radios. It had 259 ends on it. And stud mount said it was 239 ends. I don't know what's up with that but it fits so I guess I'm good...? I don't know anything bout cbs but know I need one. Used to have a friend that knows a lot but he's been a jerk/ too busy so that source has dried up.

I know I hooked it up and immediatly was able to talk to truckers from idk where, so I guess it works good.

I saw the swr meters. Might pic anywaone up one day. Hamilton is close to 1@3/4 hours aaway anyways. Thanx for the help guys. Learn somthin new everyday
                  my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

you might have been able to find that stuff at the flea market too...

sigpic
                    chris hodges
                    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I just picked up some stuff Saturday up at Treasure Isle's in Monroe. They've got a couple shops with new and used stuff. Im sure Traders world has some shops too.

Comment

Working...
                      X