Stock 02 F150 Screw going mudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 02 F150 Screw going mudding

I have a stock 2002 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 and want to take it out for some fun. Nothing hardcore, maybe just some muddin or something. Thing is, I don't really know what the truck can't handle stock and I don't want to find out the hard way.

All I have done is slapped on some new Wrangler ATS 275s and Rancho RS5000s. So, what are some affordable mods you would suggest to help prepare a full-size truck prepare it for a weekend of fun?

Thanks!

Mudding on these? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rangler+AT%2FS

I'd stick to very shallow (or very dry) mud...

First mods? If you don't want a more agressive tire, I'd suggest a good tow hook, strap, and a friend...

Good luck, and have fun with it!

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Yep, unfortunately those are the tires I had to get with this being my primary vehicle and my daily commute to work. Slowly saving for some affordable mud tires. Cannot wait!

Comment

You can have plenty of fun offroad as-is, I just wouldn't aim for much "muddin."

BigRock in Maysville just opened their "Jeep Adventure Trail" for stock/mild rigs. I haven't been out to see it yet, but I bet your "screw" would do fine...

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

mud sucks
          95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
            mud sucks
            x2
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
              BigRock in Maysville just opened their "Jeep Adventure Trail" for stock/mild rigs. I haven't been out to see it yet, but I bet your "screw" would do fine...
              Good idea, Robert. The trail offers a variety of terrains so you would be able to get an idea of what works for you and what doesn't.
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Sounds like I'll be headed out to Big Rock soon! Trying to target the weekend of July 16 in case others are wanting to head out there.

Comment

And with a 138.5" wheelbase, watch out for high centering on the hills.

Comment

or just buy my jeep
                    80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X