No announcement yet.

80 cj7 tub swap (first one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there a level 3 on craigslist with a 304 in it its a roller motor n trans is there hewants 400 for it...I'm pretty tempted cause iv read a lot of good things about them frames. Id like to build two jeeps...a daily driver with at n small lift. Then a mud machine fully built. Any ways jeeps stripped and now I just gota lift body off.

Comment

That would be a steal for the frame. I rented a magnetic base drill press to drill the big holes in the front of the frame for the winch. All of the stupid problems that you run into with the Matkins frame can be worked out. It just took me a day or two to solve the problems.

I should be off for the winter so I should be around if you need any suggestions just drop me an e mail. you may also want to re weld the shock mounts on it too. I need to make new rear ones for mine now. already made the front years ago.

Comment

Thanks man. Ill shoot you a email. If you wanna help out this winter I could throw ya some cash your way. Now my only issue is no heat in my garage plus I'm currently restoring a 57 chevy nomad 2 dr so no room!

Comment

Ill take the five seven from you so you have more room.

shawn

Comment

Haha no thanks shawn...its not even movable. Its all origanal n has ben sitting for 30 years un touched..brakes locked motor n trans locked rear end locked. Plus it was handed down to me by my gpal...he'd dye if I actually took. It some where haha

Comment

Working...
            X