MTR Kevlar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTR Kevlar?

I am thinking about a set of MTR Kevlar tires. I drive to the trails and would like a good do it all tire that has decent street manners and reasonable noise. I have 35x12.5x15s now on my TJ. Looking for opinions on other tires also if you think they would work for me.

Thanks Tim

sidewalls are weak. tread pattern works well in the snow.
    sigpic

Comment

Any other tires I should consider? The MTR just sounded like the best compromise for me.

Comment

nitto mud grapplers! A bit noisy. I also had a set of cooper discovery mt's that were very quiet as well that I liked.
        sigpic

Comment

I've had two sets of ProComp MT on my TJ (33, now 35 cause bigger is better). I think they wear well, all things considered. Enough noise that you know it's a mud tire but not annoying like some can get. Been awhile, but seemed like they did well on trail too.
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Ive yet to meet anyone running kevlars that didn't love them. I don't think you can go wrong with them. I've actually been thinking of selling my Krawlers and getting a set of sticky kevlars.
            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

no mods on here has real world experiance with them and i dont think it was good but if he sees this i will let him tell the story.
              One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Personally I think most all Mud terrain tires are very similar. For the most part they are close in traction off road and road noise. I was happy with my BFG Mud Km2's and my buddy liked his Mickey Thompson MTZ's we both went the same places with the same problems.

I have yet to run with anyone that I am familiar with their wheeling abilities that runs the MTR Kevlar's but everyone loves them for a dual purpose, but everyone seems to love the new "best" thing on the market.

Comment

Treadwrights seem to have a good reputation on the cheap.
                  Here is a link to the 35" guard dogs. I will be getting some for my tow rig

https://www.treadwright.com/p-77-315...dog-m-t-d.aspx

BYAAH!!!

Comment

MTR's are great out west on rock but aroung here in the mud you will be disappointed. A good friend of mine just bought Hankook's MTs and said he is really happy with them.

Comment

I have been looking into Cooper STTs and Hankooks also. I have not found alot of info on Hankooks. Coopers sound like a solid tire.

Comment

Originally posted by reformed View Post
                        MTR's are great out west on rock but aroung here in the mud you will be disappointed. A good friend of mine just bought Hankook's MTs and said he is really happy with them.
                        do not know where this info comes from but i personally know of several people who run them and they had absolutely NO problem earlier this year in harlan at the spring fling which was probably one of if not the muddiest years since this event has been going on. they were going places that no other tires were going except maybe ag. tires!
                        95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

I wheeled with a guy at Bigrock on 33" Goodyear Duratracs and was really impressed with them. They hooked up much better than my TSL's. At 11 pounds his sidewalls were buldging out about 3/4" and mine were straight up at 9 pounds.

Comment

Before jumping to the BFG KM and KM2's I ran the Kumho MK71's on my cherokee. They were impressively quiet on the street (after the breakin period). The only really big downfalls to them is the stiff sidewall...you gott air them dudes down low. That and they are directional...wasn't a dig deal for me but to some it might be a deal breaker. Worth a look though. I'd be running them on my JK now if the 35's weren't on national backorder at the time I ordered my KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by frankensteinxj View Post
                              Treadwrights seem to have a good reputation on the cheap.
                              Here is a link to the 35" guard dogs. I will be getting some for my tow rig

https://www.treadwright.com/p-77-315...dog-m-t-d.aspx

Everything I have heard about these has been very good
                              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X