hei distributor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hei distributor help

so the plastic peice that covers the red and yellow wires in pics was cracked into halfs... im sure it was there for a reason but anywhoo koi and autozone said xnay on finding that part....

it was more like a anti short kind of covering... im lookin at it and deciding if i can just run it as is...?

also thought about electrical taping it to insulate it but since the ign control module that it plugs into gets hot enuff to need heat sink grease, im thinking it may melt the tape....?....

any thoughts on this? its not right on the metal, dont think it would arc/ short but idkfs..

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

fyi the part that covered these was as thick as the cover here on the other side...

forgive my ignorance but i figured someone here may know for sho'.... if no definitive answer i guess im gonna run it nekked

Comment

well heat shrinked it... someone let me know if i need to go back and redo it

Comment

just double the heat shrink, you be good :)
        Romans 7-8

Comment

The plug mostly justs keep you from mixing up the wires. That looks good.
          91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Working...
          X