cherokee snorkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherokee snorkle

I'm building a hommade cherokee snorkel. I know its kinda pointless and un called for but I think they look cool and I'm tired of cleaning out carbs and throttle bodys from deep mudholes. My questions are is this gonna change my air/fuel mix, is it gonne make my rig run hotter? Is it gonna hurt my power or idle ect... any body done one on a straight 6 cherokee?.

Dayton Off Roaders were buying them for like 100 bucks I think from e bay.

Comment

I only paid 40 to 45 for everyhting I needed lol

Comment

Your computer will adjust air/fuel ratio itself. Cold fresh air will only help any motor, all it is is a big air pump anyways. Its the same as installing a cold air kit. I recommend the cowl snorkel
        If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Cowl? What's the differance? I was planning on putting a kn air filt on the top then build a mud sheild around it. If I left it open end I think my tires spinning would just throw mudd in it and dirt n all that.

Comment

You can take the cowl cover off around the wipers, cut a hole in the front, then run air hose threw with a small filter in it. Google it, there's lots of forums on it
            If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

i built one for my cherokee when i had it. alot of people do the cowl style one.

you can see mine right infront of the a-pillar here.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I can't do it like that. I have a 88 with straight 6. My air box now is located right behind my driver si light and there's litterally no room to run any hoses except dirently out the side of fender from the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by xplorer55 View Post
                  I can't do it like that. I have a 88 with straight 6. My air box now is located right behind my driver si light and there's litterally no room to run any hoses except dirently out the side of fender from the intake.

that one is a 90 with the straight 6. i did away with my stock air box completely. there is a filter under that cover, with a hose running to a coupler to connect it directly to the stock intake hose to the top of the throttle body. i figured since i was running the aux. filter there was no need to keep the stock box at all.
                  beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I always wanted something higher than the cowl since that isn't much higher than the stock air intake.

Comment

Ya that. Seems like a bad spot a lot of the mud holes iv gone in mudd/water comes over the hood to the windshield when I first go into the hole or water. I think I'm gonna do a elbo on the end facing inwards towards the roof so when I'm spinnin tires it won't get the mudd shot into it lol...

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                        I always wanted something higher than the cowl since that isn't much higher than the stock air intake.
                        i figured if the filter was under water, so was most of me so i never planned on getting it wet.

the only time i ever had issue is splashing through water at a high rate of speed, but it never let any water through the filter.

i put it there as i did drown it out with the stock location at the bad lands since when entering a hole the front would dip farther down at the angle you would come it, but up on the cowl i never had an issue.
                        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Working...
                        X