No announcement yet.

gremlins in my blazer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I under it and found somthing very interesting. tucked on top the tank was two wires. I traced one to harness and one up to the ground on the battery. These aren't stock wires, these are solid blue. Some one diffently ran them. Looks like they by passed theharness and almost hard wired the pump. Any ideas why some one would do this?

Comment

Yepp I found more wires. Looks like the whole pump is rewired some how. Almost like its wired into the wiring harness for lights. Haha some one did some serious redneck engineering on this.

Comment

About starting fluid it is so flammable it pre detonates, you can here it a lot of times causing a knocking. Its like spark knock or pinging on low octane. Its possible you can blow a hole in the piston. That being said Ive never actually seen it happen or heard anyone say they had it happen. WD 40 is flammable and a lubricant. I have used it as starting fluid. Spray carb cleaner works really well and cleans. I have never heard a knock from carb cleaner. I use it testing for fuel issues at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
          beading up tires
          Yep,it's a bomb...

Please do not try this at home.(Standard Disclaimer)
          Nick
          Last edited by Coppertop; 02-24-2012, 10:11 PM.
          Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
          Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Na I don't need a mechanic I need a new car! Shoulda kept my 90 sami lol, iv got a new fuel tank with a new pump in it for 150 at a junk yard ever found the receipt for both inside the blazer lol. I also pulled the entire wiring harness that runs all the way back to pump n lights. So tomorrow I'm gonna drop the whole tank and swap it all out. Any pointers to doing this swapp or tricks?... never done a chevy pump just my wrangler 89cj.

Comment

By the way I picked up a fp regulator 50 bucks new... is it gonna be a ***** to put in?

Comment

No I'm not. Hard startin is only two thinks, fuel pump or reg. I did the pump today. Didn't help. So now I'm doing regulator. Plus a lot of these parts were due for a change any how.

Comment

Hey guys. Did the reg today... fixed my problems. Thanks for all the help n info n adviced!!!

Comment

So tear it all back down and take back all the things that you did not need to replace. Congtats all the same.
                    Jon

Comment

Like I said... all them parts needed to be replaced anyways lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X