Limited Slip in Chevy 12 Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Slip in Chevy 12 Bolt

I've got an old 72 Chevy that I'm wanting to put a limited slip in. Does anyone here do this kind of work, or can you point me in the right direction? Gears are one of those things that just scare the hell out of me.

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
    I've got an old 72 Chevy that I'm wanting to put a limited slip in. Does anyone here do this kind of work, or can you point me in the right direction? Gears are one of those things that just scare the hell out of me.
    if its just like a lunchbox locker, should be easy enough. you won't be messing with the gear patterns really. basically as long as you make sure to put the shims in the same side and order they came out you will be fine. when i welded my 10 bolt, i just marked where the shims came from, only 1 on each side, and made sure to put the back on that side. i would say a locker would be the same deal since you are not replacing the gear set or the actual carrier that would possibly change how your gears are patterned.
    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

This is a street truck, not a wheeler. I don't know if a lunchbox will work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
      X