warn winch no work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warn winch no work!!

i have a warn winch that i stuck in mud last fall. i have used it 3 months ago. reinstalled the winch now it doest not work . i checked the wires to make sure they were on right and they were. so i checked the solnoids power to both small screws but no power out to cables. so im guessing solnoids. ?? so i was cleaning some of the wires off and 1 broke off so i need solnoids ! were is the best place to buy them. thanks matt

I need to do this, too...

According to this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1078763

The cheapest ones are here: http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3579-4...6-smr6005.aspx

$71 for the fourpack.

If you find em cheaper, lemme know!

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I have been down this road before with the solenoids. MAKE SURE when you buy these that they are 100% duty cycle!! I bought some cheap replacements that were not 100% duty cycle and when I used the winch for the first time the solenoid shorted out and I could not shut the winch off. By the time I got it to shut off it had burnt the winch motor up and kinked the winch cable real bad. Sometimes a cheap price is not good.

Comment

Have you pulled the winch apart and made sure it was clean? If it got water/mud in the motor and then sat for 3 months it's not uncommone for it to stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          I need to do this, too...

According to this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1078763

The cheapest ones are here: http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3579-4...6-smr6005.aspx

$71 for the fourpack.

If you find em cheaper, lemme know!

Robert
          Those are discontinued and have been for a while and based on what they were sold for when available ($12 each), that's kind of high. The new part number is 72631 and I've got 15 of them on the shelf right now. I could do $72 on a set of four.

http://www.warnfactoryoutlet.com/sho...?edp_no=956552
          Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

I sometimes have problems with warn ropes... winches work great, ropes no good.

sorry, I have no input.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              I sometimes have problems with warn ropes... winches work great, ropes no good.

sorry, I have no input.
              Shoulda let tc drive... He wouldnt a needed a winch
              S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                Shoulda let tc drive... He wouldnt a needed a winch
                lol...
                sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

sorry coach if i would had known i would have got them from you. ordered from dbelectric last nite. well see if they work may and try to pull winch apart this week. thanks matt

Comment

No prob. If those universal ones don't work out, I've got the Warn brand ones for ya. :)
                    Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

well it worked for about 1 minute! then it is stuck on ! hooked up solnoids and it ran in and out several times out about 2 ft each time then back in , then it stuck on going in unhooked battery and reversed terminals to run it out! now what! i guess ill do some checking make sure i wired it right. then send them back i guess. anty suggestions? matt

Comment

If they worked correctly before for several cycles, then you've got them hooked up right. Probably just poor quality knock offs. Get the real Warn ones for a buck more. ;)

Comment

after tapping on them with a wrench they work for a few times then stick always going in. so ive got it narrowed down to 1 solnoid. i have 1 old one left that didnt break when removing. so ill switch them and hope it all works for the zukimelt! i hope we dont need a winch while there, but then if i dont need a winch we arnt having fun!!!!!! ill be calling coach!!!!! thanks guys !!! matt

Comment

Originally posted by truk View Post
                            after tapping on them with a wrench they work for a few times then stick always going in. so ive got it narrowed down to 1 solnoid. i have 1 old one left that didnt break when removing. so ill switch them and hope it all works for the zukimelt! i hope we dont need a winch while there, but then if i dont need a winch we arnt having fun!!!!!! ill be calling coach!!!!! thanks guys !!! matt
                            "IF" you've just got one bad solenoid, you coud swap the four you have, so the bad one is in the "out" circuit. You'll use "Power In" a lot more than "Power Out."

But, I thought the thing used the solenoids in pairs, wired in series as a failsafe? Ie: if either solenoid opened, the winch would stop, even if the other stuck. No?

Could it be a problem with the controller? If you unplug it, does it continue to pull?

Dunno...

Robert
                            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

didnt try that but i will here in a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X