No announcement yet.

Front dana60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is never in my mind a reason that anyone still sua would need a d60. If you have it sell it and build a D44. There is way to much mass to try to stuff between the frame and the springs.

Comment

Not trying to hi-jack your thread here Paul, but I may be willing to sell you my axles. I have a set of Scout Dana 44 with disc brakes all around. They have 4.27 gears, rear is welded and front has Detroit locker, corssover steering. Axles are setup for SOA.
      78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

I am a research finatic. If I can't build it on paper I won't buy the parts.

When I swapped in the NP435 to 2.5L I spent 6 months before I ever touched a wrench. Had I not run into a financial problem at the time I would have finished in a weakend. Everything lined up perfect during it's test run I had one bolt come loose and never had another problem. When I swapped my first set of axles I was done in a weekend never had to make any adjustments.

My current plans for this vehicle are changing by the minute. Your axles are very appealing but I don't want to do an incremental build up. I would love to run those axles in a sammy. I think jeeps just get too heavy too quick.

Comment

there is an orange CJ up in dayton i believe in the miami valley four wheelers i think, that is running an SUA 4" spring on what i think was a dodge 60. i remember him having to run a big spacer on one side to get the axle the right width, and probably to clear the pig with the spring. he was running 38" TSL's. we use to run into them every year at natural bridge on our fall october trip before we started going to harlan.

greg
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
          X