Tire opinions Truxus Mt anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire opinions Truxus Mt anyone?

Not a daily driver but I dont have a trailer anymore. I have been googling tires to death. I keep coming up with the truxus mt being a good all around tire mud rocks snow and on the street. Anyone have any experience with this tire? I have been kind of looking at pitbull radials also but they are alot heavier. 35"12.5x 15 rubicon 44s .

Guy i used to work with has some in a 31x10.5 flavor on his Cherokee. they worked well in the snow when newer, but the siping in the tread is only about 1/4" deep so once it was worn away it was like any other MT tire really. he didn't wheel much, but i know on the street he got about 25k-30k on a daily driver. for general purpose MT type tire they did pretty well over all.
    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I had a set of 285/75/16's Trxus M/T's on a FSJ for a couple of thousand miles. The worked really well in the limited time I had them.

I have had good luck with the house brand tire a Pep Boys- the Dakota Definity M/T. It is a heavily siped M/T that works well on pavement, wet pavement, snow, ice and actually in mud! They are not overly expensive either. Made by Cooper. I put 40,000 on them and although their off-road ability was down by then they had decent tread left. Not sure if they come as big as you want them but I have heard good things about the Fierce Attitude M/T as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

I had a set on my wrangler. They were fine except in the mud. Treet , rocks, general trail use , I liked them.

Comment

Not much off-road experience as I had a set on my daily driver Chevy 2500HD. Got a really good deal on a set from a friend with connections, but they were not good if most driving is on the road. Doubt I got 20,000 miles out of them and that was with regular rotations and mostly highway driving with an empty truck. Actually went through 6 tires as I got another pair through a trade for some stock street tires. Not kidding, I could go on a 200 mile highway trip and visually notice the difference in tread wear through the first 50% or so of tread, after wearing past the sipes it slowed down.

They did great in the snow when newer and were not that loud (I've ran several sets of BFG Muds, Goodyear MT/R's, Swamper bias, etc... on daily drivers in the past for comparison).

Can't really give a good review of them in the mud as the previous tires on the truck were the stock street treads (and I mean street tires, not even the so called all-terrains you can get as an option on stock trucks). Had it stuck a couple of times but that was pulling an 8,500 lb. trailer up a hill in mud and grass.

Comment

Had a buddy that had them on a DD F150..worked OK and didn't last for crap.

Put these with the rest of the radial Interco tires that look good but don't perform or last.

Not to make this a "what tire I like better than a Interco radial" thread but I've had great luck with BFG MT's..MTR's...and now with Micky MTZ's..all are way better than the TSL radial and SSR's I've ran in the past.

Comment

I have 2 on the front of my jeep. They suck ass off-road especially in the mud. I would never buy them again. I never drive them on the street.

Comment

Great tire I ran two sets would have got a third set but they were not to be found at the time so i got pit bull rocker radials. the Truxus Mt was for me a fantastic tire it was wheeled very hard and they got traction on everything. i will always recommend that tire as I have run them for over 5 years. they get great tread life ride super smooth on road and they work great off road and they look great. and they are tough, took all the punishment never lost a sidewall. now i have the rocker and its just a incredible tire also. if you get the Truxus Mt you will love the tire.like any tire you have to keep them balanced and keep your rig alined. you should expect as much as 35-40k miles on them if you do regular rotations & balance ,alinement ect. sold my 33s and they had about 40-50% left after 2 years of daily driving and wheeling quite a bit. they are a underrated tire for sure. now if your mostly buying the tire for all out off-road performance the rocker is Superior off-road no doubt. i will tell you you will not get the on road ride of the Truxus Mt. but still a good ride,off road the rocker is king as far as im concerned. will stay with the rockers from now on but i want the off road performance over all else as i don't drive my MJ daily anymore. but for an all around tire I loved the Truxus .pic from 2009
                just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

Working...
                X