Full hydro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full hydro??

I'm going to run a single ended ram full hydro set up on my Dana 60. My question is about the pump. Will a stock zj pump run it OK. I know a psc is better but not in the plans unless absolutely needed. And any cool ideas on how to get more fluid in the system? My pump now the has the plastic tank but its broke at the return line.

Saw a write up on tapping the pump and converting it to an AN fitting for a remote reservoir. Is this a good idea?

Any help would be great. Don't wanna jump in to deep before I have a game plan

Running a cooler will net you more fluid.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

This spring I went full hydro on an 4.0 XJ with a double ended ram. I started off trying to make the Xj pump live. Did the 4.5" PSC pully, and the west texas offroad mod to make the pump flow better (google it), with a big filter and cooler. I killed a pump each of my first two trips. I would suggest at least adding a big remote reservoir, much bigger than the stock integrated pump. I think I kept killing pumps because I was starving them. I finally went with a PSC pump and couldn't be happier. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps.

jim

Comment

X2^^^^
        Save a bunch of aggrevation, and get a good pump, big reservoir, and a cooler.

Comment

Modify the stock pump spring and sleeve for flow. Have a large reservoir and hose with high gravity return to pump.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone, so can I take the reservoir off the pump I have now and run a line from the pump to the new (bigger) reservoir? Is a filter really needed? Or is that another way to get more fluid in the system. Some write ups say yes and some say no.

I did the west Texas offroad pump mods on my last jeep for more pressure.

Comment

Go with pater's advice... 90% of the time people junk pumps is because they starve them... If u run a big reservoir and big feed line a stock modified pump will do just fine for your typical trail rig.. As another plus if your outta town and pump goes bad u can walk into any parts place and buy one
              S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

I ran the stock pump with reservoir on my tj for years without a problem. I ran bigger lines, and bought a big cooler off eBay for $60 to add capacity and keep it from getting hot.

zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                  I ran the stock pump with reservoir on my tj for years without a problem. I ran bigger lines, and bought a big cooler off eBay for $60 to add capacity and keep it from getting hot.

Did you run a single ended ram or double?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Single.
                    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

The setup I think I'm going with is a guy from hardline crawlers

125 cc self centering orbital
                      2x8 single ended ram
                      Column adapter for orbital to steering shaft

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/foru...?topic=21249.0

Comment

Working...
                      X