Cracked trans case - Honda Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit...no need to stir the pot..
    Last edited by JeffK5; 11-21-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Took it to a guy's place last night and got it on a lift to better look at it. We lightly peened around the crack with a center punch which took care of 95% of the leak (drove it 30 minutes home so it was hot, parked it, and 12 hours later the spot of ATF on the ground was about the size of 2 quarters...so about 6 drops). Sanded it down with rough emery cloth and put some light cross hatching around it with a dremel, then will JB Weld it.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
        Did that make sense in your head before you typed it?
        Sure the **** does.. So you have a responsibility as a driver to insure yourself and vehicle. If it would happen to be damaged by a person with out insurance yours would pick up the cost right. No difference to me the state has to be insured as well. But they are self insured by everyone's tax, gas tax, federal tax sales tax, **** name it they will not forget to get what they think they deserve. To put in their greedy damn pockets. I'm sure by your statement your one of the people that help the dumb ass get voted in here in OHIO a working man state. Some people ****ing kill me. Because I made a suggestion to someone who seemed to be asking a question. That's why I think most people are ****ing ****s...

Comment

Originally posted by yozuki View Post
          Sure the **** does... ****ing ****s...
          Easy there scooter. I wasn't even talking about the propriety of the idea.

I was pointing out your bizarre assertion that "gas taxes" and "federal taxes" are somehow not "our taxes." This money doesn't fall from the great provider in the sky. It comes from tax PAYERS. Your buddy may throw it around like he creates it, but he doesn't.

If you do want to discuss the merits of your claim, I'll point out that unless the phantom object actually fell off of an ODOT truck, they really weren't negligent. It wasn't their fault. Expecting them to pay for something they didn't cause isn't right.

Moving beyond the morality of it, though, is even simpler: They're gonna tell you to pound sand. No police report, no accident documentation, no proof of what happened at all. And even if you could prove what you hit, they won't pay out unless you can also prove that they were aware of it and ignored it.

Guy at work lost $1200 in rims and tires in a pothole out front that we complained about for weeks. But without a certified letter to back up those complaints, he had no "proof," and was SOL.

They won't pay even when they are wrong, they're certainly not going to - and shouldn't - if they aren't even at fault.

Robert
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I watch them pay out daily. As that is where I am employed . And pot holes that they know of and don't fix and has damaged one's vehicle they are responsible for the damage there is a set amount of time to be repaired. That how I know what they will and will not pay for.. Scooter..

Comment

Back to the cracked pan, make sure u use jb quick dry, I had an oil pan my old lady cetered a rock on, after welding it up, there was still a small leak, I put the quick dry on it , bout 3 coats, and it never leaked again, it's been goin for 5 years that way.

Comment

Originally posted by green taco View Post
                Back to the cracked pan...
                Indeed, sorry for the hijack.
                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Kind of feel bad (well, almost) for starting a debate, especially after the wife told me the full story. Initially the story she gave had me assume it was a random object misplaced in the middle of the road. Turns out it was a concrete lane divider/island. Sounds like there were 3 lanes and she found herself in a turn only lane. It was dark and divider was not marked.....and you know the rest of the story. Talked to a buddy who drives by the place everyday and he commented it was hard to see at night and there are all types of scars on it from cars running over it.

Comment

You didnt start the debate brad, you know argument follows me everywhere i go. Im to opinionated.
                    www.offroadohio.com
                    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Quick update. No leaks that I can see, at least not leaving any spots in the garage. Got the new splash shield in this week and will get under it sometime to look closer.

Comment

Working...
                      X