which tires ? help me decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which tires ? help me decide!

Well, I sold my 33 - 12.5 - 15 tsl super swampers last year due to the need of money. Now I'm buying new ones. I don't know what to buy. I'm looking at bfg km2s because I can get a 33-10.5 -15s. I like the narrower tire because of the lack of power. But I've had good luck with the swampers so help me decide! i have a 93 tracker 6 inch calimini lift kit ,auto, transfer case gears,toyota cv axles. thanks guys!!

34x9.50 TSL if you want a narrow tire...

http://www.ntwonline.com/34X9.50X15C...R-SWAMPER.html
    sigpic
    chris hodges
    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I know a low of 4 banger jeeps running 34x10.15 LTB swampers on jeeps. Great mud tire.
      1976 CJ 5
      1984 CJ 7
      1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

hhmm dont know if theyll clear. 33s are real close to rubbing now. but a idea.

Comment

Cut thorn birds
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

If you ran the 33x12.50 bias TSL's then I don't think you will have any issues with the 34x9.50 size, or the 34x10.50 LTB's.

Comment

Love my LTBs. And they do run small: my 35x12.50s don't measure much more than 33x11 at anything less than like 35psi.

Please don't buy the KM2s. I'll try to resist boring everybody with my sob story yet again, but I swore I'd try to keep anybody from buying another BFG.

Robert
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

i luv buckshot mudders or gumbo mudders, they get to hook dirt!!
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                  Cut thorn birds
                  Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                  i luv buckshot mudders or gumbo mudders, they get to hook dirt!!
                  One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                  LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

go with the km2s i loved mine way more then any swamper ive ever ran
                    98 xj 4.5" lift

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                      go with the km2s i loved mine way more then any swamper ive ever ran
                      Wait....what?
                      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

I vote 32x11.5 Kevlars! Much lighter than a swamper.

I had some 31x9.5 tsl's on my last one though and the skinnies were great

P.S. are you running Stans Toy CV kit? still sporting the AL front diff?

Comment

I like my kevlars. 35 is pretty close to 35" measured

Comment

Pecker .I just found a steel vitara axle. I'm waiting on Stan to make me a 26 spline kit but that's been painful!! Been almost 2 months. Always next week. Love got a set of 35 km2s I was going to use with my Toyota axle s in my x90 . But not sure if they'll fit.

Comment

Working...
                            X