????What sye kit do I have??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ????What sye kit do I have??????

I have been trying to figure out what sye kit I have so I can try to make my speedometer work. I bought the 231 with it already on there and previous owner bought it that way too. It looks like the rugged ridge mega short but my sender only has 2 wires. Their sye kit has 3 wires according to the manual. The grand Cherokee had a gear driven sender. Will this even work??? I found a write up about a calibration box but don't know if that is what I will need or not. Thanks

The speedometer sender is not part of the kit. Every kit that I've seen you reuse the stock sender. You should be able to stick your sender right in there with no problems. (assuming you have your original 231 to take from)

Comment

Why the F**k are you worried about a speedometer on a off-road rig?

Comment

There are different kits to accommodate either the electronic or mechanical speedo. The 231 in the picture is setup for the electronic and you say your Jeep is setup for a mechanical speedo. As said above with the correct kit the original speed sensor or speedo housing will just bolt in to the new SYE housing, but obviously you can't do that. Not really sure what you would need to do to convert, but one option is just to buy a cheapo GPS and mount it on the dash!

Comment

I have the JB conversion super short sye. It converts the speedo gear to an electronic sensor. Comes with the kit. Its a very common set up. Check them out
          If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Originally posted by tjrider View Post
            I have the JB conversion super short sye. It converts the speedo gear to an electronic sensor. Comes with the kit. Its a very common set up. Check them out
            I've not seen the super short versions,.. does he just need the correct plug adapter or something to connect to the Jeep wires?

Comment

Originally posted by jlynch View Post
              Why the F**k are you worried about a speedometer on a off-road rig?
              I run quality stuff. Hahaha I've read on the grand Cherokees that if the speedometer doesn't work it throws a check code. And goes into a default mode and doesn't run right.

I'll check out jb conversions thanks. Hopefully they can make what I have work. If not I'm sure I'll need the computer flashed for something by the end of all this and they can delete it?????

Thanks everyone

Comment

Here's the best I can find.

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...47ed429728b766

No idea if that will be the correct plug for you.

Comment

If they send a signal to the computer wonder if the one I have will be able to be wired in and work? ?? Fingers crossed. I will call both places tomorrow. The jb conversions one looks different but they may be able to help out with info.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X