Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sye install

Bought a sye for my wrangler.
    How difficult is it to install? Can I do it with TC still in jeep? Never messed with a transfer case before.
    Thanks

Originally posted by buckeyemania View Post
    Bought a sye for my wrangler.
    How difficult is it to install? Can I do it with TC still in jeep? Never messed with a transfer case before.
    Thanks
    These are not difficult to do. Some guys do them with the t-case still in the jeep although I think if it's your first time you might be better off pulling it out to be better able to see what you are working with.

You will need "snap ring pliers" and "retaining clip" pliers. (They are not the same tool.)

Here's a link to a great video of how to do the project.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOpd_pTb3g

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      I am going to tackle this later this week. Video makes it look pretty simple.

Comment

I did one on my XJ 2 years ago. not too difficult. much easier to pull the t case than to do it in the jeep. Follow the instructions that come with it, and if those get ya confused, use good to find a few write ups. plenty of them out there, its how i got through it.
        Project ZJ (Zombie Jeep)- 1995 Jeep ZJ undergoing axle swap, 4-link, and becoming a firewall buggy.

Comment

I did mine in the rig, just because the shift linkage looked hard to get to, to drop it.

Either way, wasn't bad.

Good luck!

Robert
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
          X