Heep help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heep help

Bud of mine bought a 95 yj that point engage in 4x4 . Are these vacuum locking hubs or a vac switch some place that can be by passed. Any help would be great..

There should be a vacuum disconnect on the passenger side front axle tube. If the t-case is engaging the front driveshaft, and low range works, but the front end doesn't pull look at this.

Comment

Yep, you can just slide that shift collar over and lock it in place, should be good.

If you wanna fix it "right," I've got one-piece shafts out of an 02 TJ I'll trade you even.

(The 95 yj shafts are fairly rare, the only year and model to combine the vacuum disconnect and the bigger ujoints.)

Robert
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
        (The 95 yj shafts are fairly rare, the only year and model to combine the vacuum disconnect and the bigger ujoints.)

Robert
        ... and that, folks is why I like this forum. You can learn a few things from the knowledge base.
        Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
        2000 Wrangler TJ
        1967 CJ5A
        2004 Tow rig

Comment

heep

Thanks for the info found the problem so he sold the jeep and bought a samurai. Shouldn't have any problems now. Lol

Comment

Working...
          X