Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NKY Yota Help?

I have an 86 toyota with an 82/83 22r.
    had the timing chain go out, replaced it and headgasket.
    I think I got everything right, but now it turns over EXTREMELY slowly. i thas been sitting almost a year though... Anyone in NKY that can come take a look? I am not that familiar with yotas yet.

What is your ignition timing set at? Gently losen the 12mm on the distributor and rotate it and try again.
    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

I set it at the zero mark when I set up the timing chain.
      The distributor I have it at what I believe is correct; TDC pointing at #1 plug.

It is turning over EXTREMELY slowly, like 5-6 seconds per revolution? I cant figure out if i have it out of time causing it to turn slowly or the starter is just junk. I am using a good new battery (tried a couple batteries to verify).

Comment

Check all the battery cables and connections for corrosion since it's been sitting for awhile.

Comment

I think all the cables/connections are good, but I will double-triple check again.
          I ran a "jumper" to the starter directly from the battery to bypass the key since I couldn't see what was going on under the hood turning the key.

i thought possibly the battery too but I cleaned all the connections I saw and took the battery out of another car that I know is good and experienced the exact same symptoms.

Comment

Where at in nky? I may be able to come take a look Wednesday after work. I just got finished putting a new head on mine. But like everyone else said timing off wouldn't cause it to turn over slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X