84 Solid Toyota Knuckle ball bent/ Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Solid Toyota Knuckle ball bent/ Closed

So I have bent my passenger side knuckle ball to where you can't get the axle out, anyone on here know who or where I can contact to get a Chromoly or higher grade metal Knuckle ball? I'm coming up with no one, people have em but won't sell it too me.
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

I have a whole front axle Jim....without the guts. Its yours if you want it. Id recommend a set of knuckle ball gussets....i did that on my FJ axle.

This is the one that i had. Cheap axle insurance..

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/knuck...l-gussets.html
    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Ben thanks for the hookup I'm gonna need it, Mark came up with the best idea that I'm gonna have to stick a rag in the axle and grind top and bottom until I'm able to get the Dirty 30 out, I will also have to remove the 6 shooter knuckle and remove the bushing inserts for the Trunion bearing eliminator kit, it will be a messed up job, gonna limp it through Windrock and then start building the housing I get from you. In the end I guess the best decision is gonna be to get the upgraded housing with the heavy duty balls that they claim have to this date have NOT bent....I don't know how I did this I don't recall some crazy episode that would leave me to think "man I bet I just F#cked something up"

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
        Ben thanks for the hookup I'm gonna need it, Mark came up with the best idea that I'm gonna have to stick a rag in the axle and grind top and bottom until I'm able to get the Dirty 30 out, I will also have to remove the 6 shooter knuckle and remove the bushing inserts for the Trunion bearing eliminator kit, it will be a messed up job, gonna limp it through Windrock and then start building the housing I get from you. In the end I guess the best decision is gonna be to get the upgraded housing with the heavy duty balls that they claim have to this date have NOT bent....I don't know how I did this I don't recall some crazy episode that would leave me to think "man I bet I just F#cked something up"
        I wonder if you could use a portapower to open the ball back up to prevent grinding it?
        1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

I don't know how I did this I don't recall some crazy episode that would leave me to think "man I bet I just F#cked something up"
          I can...

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
            I wonder if you could use a portapower to open the ball back up to prevent grinding it?
            Very true Ben I will try that first, I was told it's hard to bend to begin with, don't have anything to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
              I can...
              I knew you would say something...

Comment

I knew you would say something...

Comment

Eric seemed pretty sure he has a bare front housing laying around... he just needed to see if he could them...
                  sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Do you really need a chromo ball? The one you just bent is 31 years old, with how many years of wheeling on it? Another stock ball will probably last longer than the rest of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                      Do you really need a chromo ball? The one you just bent is 31 years old, with how many years of wheeling on it? Another stock ball will probably last longer than the rest of the truck.
                      Well I just kinda figured I would bend another stock 1, was told it's very hard to close 1 but I seemed to find a way to do it. Gonna fix what I have and or switch to another housing I get from Ben or Eric.
                      I guess at this point the best thing to do is wheel it till its unable to be shimmed anymore. - but...I'm really close to that right now.
                      Last edited by Runoveru2; 08-30-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X