Body Control Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Control Module

Im pretty sure the BCM is bad on my 96 Grand Cherokee, I swapped the one off my parts Grand and it got my power windows to start working but in turn caused a starting issue that kept me from going to Rush yesterday.

Ive been told that its a dealer part that they have to program and going to cost in the $500-600 range, was wondering if anybody had replaced one without the dealership being involved?

Gm's are the same way. Doubt there is a way around the dealer programming it. I would think you could get a used one and let them program it.

Comment

Not sure about the Cherokees, but you can "re-program" the GM BCM for the anti-theft portion without going to the dealership. Don't remember exactly but it's something like - turn the ignition to run for 20 minutes until a light flashes, turn ignition, and repeat three times.

Comment

Just found out after talking to a Chrysler mechanic that they can be swapped but where mine has theft the one out of my parts Jeep won't work unless I swap the key cylinder out.

Comment

Working...
        X