95 S-10 Truggy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Kevin!

Are you expecting to remove/rework any of the cab floor to keep a relatively flat belly?
    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
      Awesome Kevin!

Are you expecting to remove/rework any of the cab floor to keep a relatively flat belly?
      The main reason I ditched the S10 frame was to duplicate the full size frame so I could keep the belly flat. The area under the S10 is really close to the full size so I shouldn't have to do anything to the floor pan. How it actually works out is another thing.

Comment

I always liked the old rig better when it had the fenders on it, so I'm thinking about leaving them on this time. The S10 is a little wider in the front than the big rig was. I think visibility out the front is a lot better in the S10, so do I dove the front or leave it straight. I originally wanted to do all tube in the front, but I don't think it would look right. The fenders will need to be cut along the silver/teal line so there won't be much fender left. The factory grill will be cut to remove the headlights. Since the radiator will be behind the cab, the approach angle should be good.

Comment

My opinion is a rig looks a little better if has at least a little bit of the body left to determine what it at least started out as.
          In your case it's close to what it truly is..just gonna be on steroids.
          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
            My opinion is a rig looks a little better if has at least a little bit of the body left to determine what it at least started out as.
            In your case it's close to what it truly is..just gonna be on steroids.
            I agree!

But you should take my opinion lightly, i still wheel a toyota at heart

Comment

I am leaving the fenders on, but may cut and dove them some. Dovetailing will help with bending the tube around the front of the grill. I measured the length of my old rig and the new one is about 26" less. So that's -13" wide, -4" high, and -26" long. Hopefully it's 800-1000 lbs less. I won't know how to act.

Comment

Kevin here's a pic of a buddy's s10 with exo, thought maybe you could use to envision yours.
                Are you wanting a 205? I think I know where is.
                Attached Files

Comment

Kevin, ill have a hood....front fenders, and dog house available here in the next few weeks if you want any spare body parts. 1998 S10 ext cab....black.

Message me....i can drop it off on my way to the scrap yard.

Comment

Originally posted by barnhartal View Post
                    Kevin here's a pic of a buddy's s10 with exo, thought maybe you could use to envision yours.
                    Are you wanting a 205? I think I know where is.
                    I do like the front of that rig. Do you have anymore pics of it?

I am thinking about doing a 241/205. I might be able to buy back a 205 I sold someone locally. I was checking out the eco box from NW fab. I already have a 241 to source parts from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eco%20wb%20blend.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	74516

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
                      Kevin, ill have a hood....front fenders, and dog house available here in the next few weeks if you want any spare body parts. 1998 S10 ext cab....black.

Message me....i can drop it off on my way to the scrap yard.
                      Sure. I would like to test out narrowing the front and see if I like it. I could use some doors, core support, hood, and fenders if you got them. Maybe some sheet metal off the cab. My pass rear cab corner is gone. The rocker has a hole in it too.

Comment

The 241/205 double is what I run. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                          I do like the front of that rig. Do you have anymore pics of it?

I am thinking about doing a 241/205. I might be able to buy back a 205 I sold someone locally. I was checking out the eco box from NW fab. I already have a 241 to source parts from.

[ATTACH]10029[/ATTACH]
                          Having my buddy send me some more pics of his rig.
                          I love having the doubler. Although I did lose low in it last wknd. Not sure why right now, will let you know when I tear into today.
                          Let me know on 205. I know we've got one laying in shop.

Comment

Pics

Here ya go Kevin.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ha! Thing's got a face like a furby!
                              Attached Files
                              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                                Ha! Thing's got a face like a furby!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by 93 Krawler; 01-03-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X