TBI Fuel injection woes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBI Fuel injection woes!

Well. Been a trying road lately with the TJ, but I finally have gotten it fixed! Just to refresh - I fuel injected the SBC that was in it when I purchased it. This is an older SBC with a quadra-jet intake. The thing was sputtering upon acceleration and under a load. I changed the adapter plate, gaskets, fuel pump, new fitting into fuel tank for 3/8” line(the one in there was like a 3/16”) and the distributor. All of this still did not fix the issue. So I pulled the little flat electrical thing-a-mabob (turns out it is the electronic spark control module, aka ESC) off of Zachary Smith’s jeep and voila! Problem gone-and runs great! $60 part and like 20 hours later of troubleshooting! Wish the darn thing would’ve thrown a code!
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

I've been getting my butt kicked. I put a 1991 4.3 TBI in a scrambler. I bought a Ebay no name harness that seems to be nicely made. But its probably my problem. I've replace the computer, distributor, all the sensors and the coil. I can start it up drive around 5 miles and it dies. Won't start till it cools off then I can drive it home another 5 miles and it dies again. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by JasperJeep View Post
      I've been getting my butt kicked. I put a 1991 4.3 TBI in a scrambler. I bought a Ebay no name harness that seems to be nicely made. But its probably my problem. I've replace the computer, distributor, all the sensors and the coil. I can start it up drive around 5 miles and it dies. Won't start till it cools off then I can drive it home another 5 miles and it dies again. Any ideas?
      Sounds like the fuel pump could be over heating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought it may be bad so I dropped the tank and replaced it. I ran a wore out Cummins 24 valve lift pump inline on a tbi 350 for several years. I may switch over and try that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X