Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela's Revenge 4 X 4 Road Rally, March 26, 2011

What: Angela's Revenge 4 X 4 Road Rally

Who: Open to all four wheel drive vehicles. 50 vehicles maximum.

When: Saturday, March 26, 2011.

Where: Madison, Indiana.

Course: 60 mile road course on back country roads which includes 6 stream crossings up to 18" deep and the nasty county road known locally as Angela's Revenge.

Entry Fee: $45.00 per vehicle.

For a flier with full details, go to: http://www.scenicroadrallies.com/dow...RallyFlier.pdf

For pictures from last years event, go to: http://www.scenicroadrallies.com/pho...=&category=159

For questions or to pre-register: Call Satolli with Scenic Road Rallies at 812-623-5727.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RALLYMAN; 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM.

Due to a scheduling conflict, the Angela's Revenge 4 X 4 Road Rally event has been moved from Sunday, March 6th to Saturday March 26th.

We have a 50 vehicle limit and there are currently 27 teams registered for the event.

To pre-register or if you have questions, please call 812-623-5727 or email info@scenicroadrallies.com

Comment

Just signed up. Should be something fun and different.
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
        Just signed up. Should be something fun and different.
        I saw "It's for the casual or beginner four wheel drive enthusiast, and no hot rodding allowed" and said naa... Plus mines not street legal anymore. You taking your Jeep?

Comment

Ive still not figured out why people pay $45 to run legal township roads that are FREE to ride year round?
          www.offroadohio.com
          www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
          www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
          www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Because it is a challenge to find your way and it is fun for the whole family.

Comment

If a rally is a race, with 1st 2nd 3rd place etc. how can you win without hot rodding or racing.

Comment

Not all rallies are races. Basically the only type of rallies that are races are "Pro Rallies" which either use private roads or roads that are closed to the public.

Our rallies are known as "Gimmick Rallies" which are similar to a Sunday afternoon drive spiced up with a scavenger hunt. You receive points for each scavenger hunt item collected and for each question answered correctly on the question sheet which you receive at the start of the event. The person with the highest score wins.

As far as the entry fee, cost include:

Insurance for the event
                Rental for the community building at the fair grounds
                Prizes for the top 15 teams
                Restaurant and fuel gift cards for the security detail that man the stream crossings.
                Printing of the direction packets
                Fuel costs.
                Plus I invest over 60 hours of my time to design and conduct the event which includes notifying local businesses along the route and working with local, county and state law enforcement agencies to make sure that this is a safe and enjoyable event for everyone involved.

This isn't a hard core 4 X 4 event. This road rally is for the average person who owns a four wheel drive vehicle who wants to experience some four wheeling excitement in a safe and controlled environment without doing any damage to their vehicle.

For you guys that go to Haspin and other parks, this probably won't get your blood pumping. However, if you have a wife, girlfriend or children and you have been trying to introduce them to the sport of four wheeling, this is an excellent chance. It's a beautiful drive on back country roads where you'll be crossing streams that few people know about. You can pack a lunch or stop for a burger at the Indian Trails Restaurant.

We have been doing these 4 X 4 rallies since 2004 and have 3 different routes in southeastern Indiana. They really are a lot of fun when it comes to a family oriented event. We get some great people that come out for the rallies and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you run a rally.

If you have any questions, give me a call at 812-623-5727.

Thanks!

Satolli Glassmeyer

Comment

Thanks for the info and taking time to respond. I can appreciate the amount of time needed to put on any event.

I had thought about attending the Haunted one around Halloween last year, but timing didn't work out.
                  I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                    Thanks for the info and taking time to respond. I can appreciate the amount of time needed to put on any event.

I had thought about attending the Haunted one around Halloween last year, but timing didn't work out.
                    I have wanted to do that one too.

Comment

I see.

Comment

Myself and my wife have attended many rallies put on by Satolli and Bev and they are top notch by far. It's great Family fun or look at it as a nice cruise on backroads most don't know even exist. We did the Haunted Tunnel rally last year and made a mini vacation out of it.....We had a blast!

I'm voluntering my time on this rally to help with security and will be attending the July rally also......The biggest of the year and most fun by far.

Grab the famly and give one a try......you'll have alot of fun
                        06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

I may go on this rally or if you need more security I may be up for that too
                          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                            I saw "It's for the casual or beginner four wheel drive enthusiast, and no hot rodding allowed" and said naa... Plus mines not street legal anymore. You taking your Jeep?
                            I was more curious about it than anything and I have not done anything like this so I dont know what it is all about. I do plan on taking the Jeep. If I can get my Yj going by then I will drive that. If not the Xj will be going.
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFtUnd View Post
                              I may go on this rally or if you need more security I may be up for that too
                              Hi Danny!

Yes we could use you on the Security Detail if you have the time!

Comment

Working...
                              X