Bills 491 John Rudde Memorial ride April 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills 491 John Rudde Memorial ride April 9th

A good friend of mine and many others including Bill passed away in a car accident last week. So Bill is putting together a memorial ride on April 9th to honor a guy that we all thought was invincible.

Still pinning down details on if any events, raffles, etc will be held. I'll update this post as I get more information.

Thanks and God bless
    Attached Files
    JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
    87 Toyota Truggy

Interested, never been down to 491.

Comment

Will definitely be there with some friends that knew him better then me.

Comment

He will be missed, but i know many will show in his honor.
        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I will be there!!! RIP Rudde, you will be missed.

Comment

Ill be there, I love 491 and always so support
            If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

can sumone post directions pleaz
              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                can sumone post directions pleaz
                From Ohio take 75 south to exit 166 (crittenden)
                Left off the exit (491)
                Right onto US-25, go .9 miles
                Left onto US-491, go 6.9 miles
                Bills is on the left
                JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
                87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

I'd like to try and get ready to do this one, but i have GOT to wheel with other folks covering similar terrain. I will not go alone again and will not wheel alone period (even when I do get more experienced). FUBAR and SNAFU bit my butt in a moment of inattention when I am normally overly cautious. Not again.

A coordinated effort of some kind would be nice. I won't travel (even if it is only 25min from my door) to try and find someone to wheel with. It'll end up disappointing the boys if i can't find someone and we go back home and then I'll be tempted to go out alone and that ain't happening... Best not even get in the situation to begin with.

for now....consider it a stock 97 blazer with 31s.

its got more, but I am scrambling to get the loose ends tied up that the weather has been hampering.

Comment

Doug, is the blazer a driver or will it be trailered? My Dad is wheeling a mid 90's blazer with 31's also. Look for a red 2 door ZR2 and there group he is with. I'm sure there will be a pretty decent turn out so it shouldn't be hard to find a group to tag along with if you can't hook up with us.
                    JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
                    87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                      Doug, is the blazer a driver or will it be trailered? My Dad is wheeling a mid 90's blazer with 31's also. Look for a red 2 door ZR2 and there group he is with. I'm sure there will be a pretty decent turn out so it shouldn't be hard to find a group to tag along with if you can't hook up with us.
                      X2. his is a stock 98 ZR2 blazer on 31" MT's. you will be just fine.

should be plenty out there, wheeling alone will not be an issue, we don't leave anyone in the woods, always willing to lend a hand to be sure everyone makes it out and home safely
                      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                        X2. his is a stock 98 ZR2 blazer on 31" MT's. you will be just fine.

should be plenty out there, wheeling alone will not be an issue, we don't leave anyone in the woods, always willing to lend a hand to be sure everyone makes it out and home safely

Thanks. If we can get ready we will make the ride.

It's a driver. Disco'd sway, no rear sway, bump stops, torsen diff, etc. Nothing special.

Last fall our Jimmy was yanked out by a Zuk and a great bunch of guys. The carcass from that is still being stripped of all good meat. Momentary duh ruined a absolute great day wheeling with my boys. I won't enter again unless part of a group.

Comment

Count me in, sounds like a fun spot and for a good cause. When is everyone getting there.
                          Jon

Comment

I wanna push on her a little harder but i also want to be able to drive it home. Is it gonna be an all day run?
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                              I wanna push on her a little harder but i also want to be able to drive it home. Is it gonna be an all day run?
                              I'll be there really early and will be helping around the shop. There should be a good crowd so it won't be hard to find a group to ride with.
                              JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
                              87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

Working...
                              X