Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Competition, IOK Rock 2011 Spring Test-n-Tune

Rock Competition, IOK Rock 2011 Spring Test-n-Tune

We’re at it again our 2011 season is set to open on Saturday May 21, 2011.

May 21 (Saturday) – Rock Competition @ IOK Fourwheeler’s Spring Test-N-Tune
    Gate Opens 8:00AM
    Competitor Registration 8:30AM – 10:00AM
    Late Registration 10:00 – 10:30 / Late Registration Fee = + $10
    Competition Starts 12:00 (Noon)
    *This is our Spring Test-N-Tune weekend we will be hosting Pro-Truck Nationals on Friday evening and Saturday all day @ the same time as our rock crawl.
    Rock Competitor Registration Fee = $35
    General Admission = $10 per person ($5 ages 6 – 12 / 5 & under Free)
    Camp Site Fee = $20 per person ($10 ages 6 – 12 / 5 & under Free)

If you have a rig bring it down we have people compete with their daily drivers, dedicated trail rigs, to competition rigs / buggies. We will find a Class for competitors to compete.

We always pay First and Second places in each class, so long as there are at least 4 competitors in your class. Amount of payout depends on how many total competitors we have registered.

Check IOKrock.com, Gravelrama.com, or YouTube.com (search for Gravelrama, IOK Rock, Hillbilly Proud, Wombat, etc) for footage of past events.

We are located approximately 30minutes west of Cincinnati in Cleves (Gravelrama site) @ the intersection of Route 128 and 50, near the Indiana Ohio border.
    Attached Files

i posted in another thread....but do you really have to haver a 4 point cage with 38's?
    80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Regardless of tire size you need to have some form of safety protection in the event of a roll over.

We have been working on the wording of that section a little. We are changing it state something along the lines of you must have a roll cage that provides protection to the driver and any passengers, if applicable. We are not going to call-out 4 point or 6 point. If during Tech-In our Tech Officials do not see a roll-cage or similar aparatus to protect a competitor / passenger they will not allow you to compete.

We had a person come out last year with no cage and they really wanted to compete but we had to turn them away. We may have swung the pendulum a little too far but we want to make sure all that participate are safe.

Comment

today was a great turn out
        80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

thats good! i hopin make to a comp there sumtime if i can ever get my **** completly done! seems like i cant quit get there, waiting on rock and roll offroad for 2 months didnt help either! lying f'ers! anyways glad it good show!!
          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

had a damn good course setup.....hilltop did a good job at organizing this
            80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Pics or video

Did anyone get any good pics or videos of the comp

Comment

I got some pics I'll try and get them uploaded to photobucket then post a link
                86 Ford Bronco

Comment

got 2nd place....ran into some wiring problems then fuel problems.....

hilltop's pos

upper course

tank course

upper ridge

to ridge

gettin yanked off the tires from high centering

yea and the kid that busted my windshield is sitting in jail with a busted face

80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Here are the pics I took
                    I have a few more but upload took WAY to long so I may tray and get the rest on later I got 130 out of 150 something uploaded

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...a%205-21-2011/
                    86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Thanks to all who came out. We had a pretty nice turn out. Did anyone see Phatty Fab flip his rig end over end? It was pretty impressive. He blew a tire somehow then flipped it and when he landed on his tires he kept going. He always puts on a show on when he comes out.

Keep your calendars marked for July 15, 16, and 17. That is the Offroad Jamboree. We are adding a nighttime rock comp on Friday. We are still working on a name for this race, but basically it will include the rocks and hills, especially the Eliminator Hill (keeping my fingers crossed) in some capacity. I gaurantee it to be exciting.

Also, we will be running a can food drive to support the surrounding area.

Comment

Working...
                      X