IOK Rock Offroad Jamboree, July 15 - 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOK Rock Offroad Jamboree, July 15 - 17

I know there is another post on this topic, but I wanted one with the latest information. Sorry for the confusion, but this is the official post of the event.

IOK Rock Offroad Jamboree, July 15 – 17

This year we will be having a Food Drive to support the local food pantry. Donate 2 non-perishable food items and receive a $2 discount from your adult admission, otherwise $2 of your general admission cost will go directly to the Food Drive to purchase items.

Also, we will have a table / board for area clubs to post information about their club or upcoming events. Feel free to bring some flyers down and post them.

Free on-site camping with paid general admission.
    General Admission = Adult, $12/day / Children (Ages 6 – 12), $5/day / Under 6, Free
    *This year General Admission on Sunday will be free.

Door Prizes

Purchase advance tickets at Hilltop Performance, hilltop-performance.com, (Harrison, Ohio) to receive $2 off. You can donate can goods as well and receive the Food Drive Discount. So you can purchase an adult ticket in advance for $8 with 2 non-perishable food item donation.

Friday, July 15
    Gate Opens @ 12:00
    Rock / Baja Style Race, @ 8:00pm
    Registration, 4:00 – 6:00
    Late Registration, 6:00 – 6:30 (Late Registration Fee +$10)
    Tech-In, 5:00 – 6:30
    Drivers Meeting, @ 7:00
    Competition Starts, @ 8:00
    Competitor Registration Fee = $30

Saturday, July 16
    Gate Opens @ 8:00
    Rock Crawl Registration, 8:00 – 10:00
    Late Registration, 10:00 – 10:30 (Late Registration Fee +$10)
    Tech-In, 9:00 – 10:30
    Drivers Meeting, 11:00 – 11:30
    Competition Starts, @ 12:00
    Competitor Registration Fee = $30

Spectator Events, Saturday
    Offroad Challenge, 11:00 – 7:00
    RTI Ramp, 11:00 – 2:00
    Tug-O-War, 2:00 – 5:00
    Car Crush, 5:00 – 7:00
    Awards, 7:30 – 8:00 (Must be present to win Door Prizes)
    Corn Hole Tournament, 8:00 – ???
    Live Band (Rubber Knife Gang), 9:00 – ???

Sunday, July 17
    Gate Opens @ 8:00
    R/C Rock Crawl
    Registration, 10:00 – 11:00
    Late Registration, 11:00 – 11:30 (Late Registration Fee +$10)
    Drivers Meeting, 11:45
    Competition Starts @ 12:00
    Competitor Registration Fee = $10

Where: IOK Fourwheelers / Gravelrama Site
    9580 Valley Junction Road
    Cleves, Ohio 45002

Check out iokrock.com for more details and photos of past events. Also, become a friend of IOK Rock on Facebook.

This event is open to all makes and models of offroad vehicles from freshly driven off the factory floor to full blown out customs and everything in between.

Concessions will be available on-site. No glass bottles. You will not be permitted to enter any of the events, competition or spectator, if you are consuming alcohol.

Comment

sucks i like get good buzz on b4 i enter baja race, steadys my driving
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I should be there. Campin hopefully too
        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Here is the official flyer regarding the event.
          Attached Files

Comment

cant wait
            80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Hellyeah
              thanks for posting this.
              Are there any special safety requirements I need to enter the rock crawl.
              I have stock seat belts and a roll cage. :confused:
              BYAAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frankensteinxj View Post
                Hellyeah
                thanks for posting this.
                Are there any special safety requirements I need to enter the rock crawl.
                I have stock seat belts and a roll cage. :confused:
                You need to have some form of safety protection in the event of a roll over. Seat belts are required. We do not require a particular type (i.e. - # of points, unless you are in a higher class where more difficult lines are presented). If during Tech-In our Tech Officials do not see a roll-cage or similar aparatus to protect a competitor / passenger they will not allow you to compete likewise, if they feel your roll cage is un-safe they will not allow you to compete.

I would suggest bringing it down and let us take a look at it. If we feel its unsafe for competition at least you can play around on the grounds with it.

Comment

i should be caged this time mike.....but can i still run mod??? and i have your gift certificates
                  80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fmlewis View Post
                    You need to have some form of safety protection in the event of a roll over. Seat belts are required. We do not require a particular type (i.e. - # of points, unless you are in a higher class where more difficult lines are presented). If during Tech-In our Tech Officials do not see a roll-cage or similar aparatus to protect a competitor / passenger they will not allow you to compete likewise, if they feel your roll cage is un-safe they will not allow you to compete.

I would suggest bringing it down and let us take a look at it. If we feel its unsafe for competition at least you can play around on the grounds with it.
                    Thanks for the info.
                    BYAAH!!!

Comment

Printing the flyer now to take to the Hobby Shop. I have about 20+ interested in the R/C Event Sunday
                      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I just wanted to pass along the information. Friday night is going to be an endurance race. The course is 1.5miles and the run time is 1hour per class. Currently we are looking at running 2 classes basically a stock / modified class and then an unlimited / pro unlimited class. If more competitors show up then we will split the classes up further. The difference between the two is basically the unlimited / pro class will run the rocks and cemetary hill. Cemetary hill is known to brake axles fairly often. Back in the old days they used to run it in the obstacle course of Gravelrama. Its a fairly steep hill with a nasty crest. The stock / mod class is basically baja style with some rocks involved.

Our course developers will be cutting in some pretty nice obstacles for the race through out the grounds.

If you plan to run you need to have the typical safety equipment and an air horn so when you pass someone they know something is coming around them.

Comment

Cool. Break out the general lee horn! How many laps is edurance gonna make to make that 1.5 miles?

Comment

One lap is 1.5 miles. It basically includes all of the competition areas.

See how many you can make in 1 hour. The one with the most laps is the winner. We will have checkpoints along the course where we will place a sticker on your sheet.

Comment

Awesome. I dident guess u could sqeeze a 1.5 mile lap outta there. Ill be there. As a spectater this time:( sounds like you got them old school Iok sand guys pointed in right direction finnaly!

Comment

Working...
                              X