Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
    And, I'm out.
    Don't feel too bad Robert, I went to replace a simple outer axle seal on the Yoda and Found a massive metal milkshake in the Knuckle, and no it wasn't from Chromoly axle or cv, looked in the axle tube to find metal everywhere. Knew I had a bigger mess most likely in the front diff so I removed it only to find out that I only had 1 tooth left outa 7 on the pinion that was either cracked, chipped, or broke off. So my rig is outa commission with parts on the way, Ring & pinion did last 11 years with my driving and I'm pretty mean to er at times...... Thanks to Kevin (93 Krawler) I will still get to enjoy the day at Haspin New years day, Kevin is nice enough to let me borrow his Razor for the day, obviously I break it I fix it, I'm Known to be rough on equipment so I will be cruising around with the group taking plenty of pics and videos of everyone. Thanks Kevin !!!!
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Come on Brad let's go...

Comment

Planning on being there as long as I don't find anything wrong with the rig this afternoon.

Anybody want to meet up and caravan there? Never been there so wouldn't mind following someone. I would probably hit 75 at Monroe and go from there.

What time is everybody planning on being there?

Comment

I'm out,on call till 4:00 pm tomorrow.

Have Fun.
          Nick
          Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
          Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I'm staying local to me. Stoxk ride at tar hollow.

sent on tapatalk
            www.offroadohio.com
            www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
            www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
            www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post

What time is everybody planning on being there?
              Plan on getting there before 9am so you can pay up and be ready to head out with group. Kevin and I are heading out from his house in Ross I'm assuming around 7:30 - 7:45

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
                I'm out,on call till 4:00 pm tomorrow.

Have Fun.
                Nick
                Darn it !! Was hoping to see you out there.

Comment

MapQuest gives a choice between going through Hamilton and out 129, or going down to 275 and then 52. Distance is longer going 275 but time estimate is the same, and looks a lot easier.

Any recommendations?

Comment

MapQuest gives a choice between going through Hamilton and out 129, or going down to 275 and then 52. Distance is longer going 275 but time estimate is the same, and looks a lot easier.

Any recommendations?
                    If you take 129, it hits 126 which is what I'm taking. 126 runs straight to Brookville. We could meet somewhere in Brookville and caravan from there. The 126 route is a bit curvy, but faster for me since it runs next to my neighborhood.

Comment

Give me a time and place and I will be there. Can you also PM your number?

Comment

Short day of wheelin' for me. Before noon noticed the front tires were not turning to the right very far. Found the driver's side front spring had a sheared center pin and the bottom leaf (short and thick) was missing. This allowed the axle to walk back about 3". While trying to pull the axle back forward I walked over to the passenger side and found the shackle to frame bolt sheered off, probably because of the stress caused by the drivers side. After messing with it for awhile I put a ratchet strap between the axle and front bumper and drove out. On the access road the driver's rear tire decided to go flat for some reason (pumped it up and it was still fine as of this evening). Wound up bringing the trailer and loading it up and heading home.

Oh well, was wanting to modify the front spring pads a little to push the axle forward. Now have an excuse to do it.

Comment

Pretty good day at Haspin today, pretty sure it would be Brad that had the most carnage/ issues today, First it was a broke center pin on the front driverside with bottom leaf spring falling out (which we looked for and never found), then his shackle bolt for the passenger fell out somewhere leaving his front axle wanting to go where ever it wanted to go, he was lucky and able to drive it to the fire road only too loose all the air in his rear driverside tire, we decided to go and get truck and Trailer to load it up, Jeff would come in second with a few tire issues and to end his run would be a cracked and bent track bar mount on the axle housing. Driving a razor for the day was a learning experience more than what I thought it would be, would really take alot of time to get used to it and know what it is capable of. Will post up some picks

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Short day of wheelin' for me. Before noon noticed the front tires were not turning to the right very far. Found the driver's side front spring had a sheared center pin and the bottom leaf (short and thick) was missing. This allowed the axle to walk back about 3". While trying to pull the axle back forward I walked over to the passenger side and found the shackle to frame bolt sheered off, probably because of the stress caused by the drivers side. After messing with it for awhile I put a ratchet strap between the axle and front bumper and drove out. On the access road the driver's rear tire decided to go flat for some reason (pumped it up and it was still fine as of this evening). Wound up bringing the trailer and loading it up and heading home.

Oh well, was wanting to modify the front spring pads a little to push the axle forward. Now have an excuse to do it.
                              the shackle bolt shearing is a common issue. i sheared both front frame side shackle bolts last may at the badlands with nothing else broken. mine got a trail fix of an allen wrench welded in place of the bolt on one side that is still there actually.
                              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I swear I ran over that leaf about half way back to Brookville. Not sure if Jimmy saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X