2016 Trail Ride & Event Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Trail Ride & Event Schedule

Note that our Club Meetings at Rib City have been changed to the second Thursday of each month.

JANUARY
    1 - Hangover Run @ Haspin
    14 - Meeting @ RibCity Grill

FEBRUARY
    6 - Groundhog Run @ Haspin
    11 - Meeting @ RibCity Grill
    14 - Valentine's Day

MARCH
    10 - Meeting @ RibCity
    13 - DST Begins
    27 - Easter

APRIL
    8-10 - Trail Clearing @ Rush Off-road
    14 - Meeting @ RibCity

MAY
    8 - Mother's Day
    12 - Meeting @ RibCity
    27-30 - Southern Shine, Harlan KY
    30 - Memorial Day

JUNE
    **No June Meeting**
    19 - Fathers Day
    24-26th - Members cookout/ride @ Rich's

JULY
    4 - Independence Day
    7-9 - Main Event @ Badlands ORP
    14 Meeting @ RibCity
    23-24 - Members only invite - Day at the farm - Miami Valley 4 Wheelers

AUGUST
    5-7 – Windrock, Oliver Springs, TN
    11 - Meeting @ RibCity
    21 - Haspin Acres, Laurel IN

SEPTEMBER
    2-4 - Rush Off-Road
    5 - Labor Day
    8 - Meeting @ RibCity

OCTOBER
    7-9 - Black Mountain, Harlan, KY
    13 - Meeting @ RibCity
    21-23 - CORE Tour '16, DTOR & Mud Madness
    31 - Halloween

NOVEMBER
    6 - DST Ends
    **No November Meeting**
    12-13 Members Ride at Rich's Farm
    24 - Thanksgiving

DECEMBER
    **No December Meeting**
    9 - Club Christmas Party
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 02-03-2017, 02:55 PM.

What about gold mountain or AOP for a club run? Looks like the same schudule as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotwheels View Post
      Looks like the same schudule as last year.
      That's what we based it on for starters. Certainly open to suggestions.

Was there one you'd cancel instead?
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

What about gold mountain or AOP for a club run? Looks like the same schedule as last year.
        The schedule worked out well last year, so why not do it again...

I'd be up for checking out Golden Mountain, but personally, I'm not driving 400 miles for a 500 acre park. GM would have to be pretty awesome to drive 5hrs for 500 acres.

Comment

Gold mountain is awsome thats why we go every year.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post

I'd be up for checking out Golden Mountain, but personally, I'm not driving 400 miles for a 500 acre park. GM would have to be pretty awesome to drive 5hrs for 500 acres.
            Change can sometimes be good kevin!

Comment

I'm not opposed to change, I just don't want to drive more than 5hrs to wheel.

Originally posted by Waffle
              I'd like to try something new this year. Never heard of Gold Mountain. AOP looks like fun as long as the boucers aren't there having an event. Rausch creek is suppose to be sweet too.
              Rausch does look cool, but it's 8hrs away.

Comment

It's just that there are only so many weekends. We try to plan trips that have drawn a crowd in the past.

That said, March is open if you'd like to add a long-haul, big-dog run. Or late Sept, maybe. Someplace new would be great for the more adventurous.

Other notes: MV4W on July 30, and Rush on Aug 5-7, are two consecutive weekends. Do we maybe want to move Rush back a week or two, even if it means canceling Mud Madness on the 20th? We can schedule another local run in Sept.

Edit: Also adjusting the October dates. The 9-11th was a Sun-Tues. Trying to verify Fall Crawl, and avoid it by a week or two.
                Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 12-22-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah, there are definitely two groups, anyway. The mild, streetable guys that like to daytrip; and the big, trail only rigs that prefer to go where the bigger action is.

We try to accommodate both. We'll often do two runs a month in the summer, one near, one far.

But we do all get together from time to time. Rush is nice middle ground that draws both. And the big dogs will often stay local for the Hangover and CORE Tour, just for the simple fun of it.

And those are always our best turnouts. Most years see 15-20 rigs. Would it be nice if we could gather that many every month, every ride? Sure it would. But you're right, it's just not realistic. Different rigs, different capabilities, different financial and time restraints. Different ideas of "fun."

But if we can all get out once a month or so, and get the whole club together a couple-few times a year, I'm good with that.

Comment

Edited to add a calendar to the original post.

Looking at that, there are a few gaps where we could squeeze another road trip to Golden Mountain or AOP:
                    - Late February through all of March.
                    - Late April though mid-May.
                    - Mid-to-late June, after the picnic at Rich's
                    - November and December are wide open, if you're into the cold.

It also shows the MV4W and Rush trips back to back weekends. Should we moce Rush to the 12th to 14th? We can push the daytrip on the 20th back into September, opposite Windrock.

Opinions?

Comment

Let's see if i can stir up some sh@#...

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post

yea because doing the same thing year after year is always fun...

I guess what the people say that have been to GM are just trying to get you to go to make you mad once you are there? I have said to all of you more than once that i would go to GM over Harlan everytime... Better camping, like 4 or 5 shelters, heated shower house, less people, and only 10 minutes from the highway... but that's just me...

yes it is....

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                      Yeah, there are definitely two groups, anyway. The mild, streetable guys that like to daytrip; and the big, trail only rigs that prefer to go where the bigger action is.

But if we can all get out once a month or so, and get the whole club together a couple-few times a year, I'm good with that.
                      I guess i'm just the odd ball in the mix... Drive there, beat the crap out of my Yota, and then drive back home... oh yea... I guess it's that 4 letter word there that makes the difference...

just a couple pics from GM... Big rocks and mulitiple rock gardens are no fun right?

just my 2 cents...
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      chris hodges
                      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                        Drive there, beat the crap out of my Yota, and then drive back home...
                        That's not how I remember your trip to Tennessee...

But nobody's saying you can't go to GM. Nobody's saying we can't call it an official "club run," whatever that's worth.

We just didn't put it on the schedule originally because it seems like father than a lot of people like to travel. But if you want to, go ahead. Have fun, take lots of pics to make us all jealous. I even pointed out some available dates, pick one.

What's the problem?

Comment

You can get to gold mountain in 5 hours from cincy.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                            That's not how I remember your trip to Tennessee...

But nobody's saying you can't go to GM. Nobody's saying we can't call it an official "club run," whatever that's worth.

We just didn't put it on the schedule originally because it seems like father than a lot of people like to travel. But if you want to, go ahead. Have fun, take lots of pics to make us all jealous. I even pointed out some available dates, pick one.

What's the problem?
                            so 1 time on a trailer changes it all ?
                            If you hadn't let me use your tow rig i would have ended up driving anyway...

I know nobodys saying i can't go... No problem... tried a couple times before to get something together for a trip to GM... no luck then so I'll just keep going with my Yota folks...
                            sigpic
                            chris hodges
                            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

In April we are debating on going to gold mountain or Windrock with my group
                              www.offroadohio.com
                              www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                              www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                              www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Working...
                              X