Windrock 2016 August 5th-7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windrock 2016 August 5th-7th

Will be rolling out for Windrock at a current undecided time on Thursday August 5th, this will be once again a awesome time that no one with a rig and the time should miss.

So far heading down is...

Tool man Tim
    Runoveru2 -Jim C
    93 Krawler - Kevin
    Waffle - Mark
    Beer goggles - Jim B
    cvaske - Chris
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 07-25-2016, 12:42 PM.
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

wish I could go...gonna be in South Carolina the Atlanta
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Looks like we will all be leaving Thursday at different times. Mark and I will most likely leave by 3pm. Tim is unsure of what time he will be leaving. Chris will be leaving sometime mid afternoon after work.

Comment

Man, Windrock is on my bucket list. Maybe next year.

Twist the knife and post up some photos after the event.
        Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
        2000 Wrangler TJ
        1967 CJ5A
        2004 Tow rig

Comment

Wish me luck on rebuilding what is left of the "unibody" on my jeep this weekend. If it is successful, I will be there !

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
            Man, Windrock is on my bucket list. Maybe next year.
            Come on down....what's keeping ya from not going ? You must complete the bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
              Wish me luck on rebuilding what is left of the "unibody" on my jeep this weekend. If it is successful, I will be there !
              Let us know if you need help Jim, between all of us I'm sure we can make it ready if need be...Mark and Kevin are the best help you could ever imagine when in need, believe me they have hooked me up.

Comment

The problem is finding something substantial enough to build from. There is no cage in the area of the track bar mount. I wish I had a frame.... it would be an easy repair !

Comment

The problem is finding something substantial enough to build from. There is no cage in the area of the track bar mount. I wish I had a frame.... it would be an easy repair !
                  Channel or Angle the front rails.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

You were the reason we switched Rush for Windrock. Backing out is not an option. Get it fixed... Should've brought it over last weekend while I was sitting around doing nothing. If you bring it down early Saturday, we will get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                      You were the reason we switched Rush for Windrock. Backing out is not an option. Get it fixed... Should've brought it over last weekend while I was sitting around doing nothing. If you bring it down early Saturday, we will get it fixed.

Calm down Francis. I've been out of town, including getting hit while driving Sarah's car by a uninsured Meth-Head/Dealer in Alabama, making a cheap vacation very expensive and not very fun. I'm working on the Jeep this weekend. It will either be ready for Windrock or scrapped if the unibody is too far gone. You can't just throw a thick piece of steel at a uni-body, there is nothing to attach it to. You people with frames just don't understand!

Comment

The Damage:

"uni-frame" is completely split open at the bottom inside edge, where the trackbar was mounted.

Motor mount barely attached, see the vertical cracks up both sides of the mount

There is another vertical crack and buckle in the inside vertical plane of the frame about 8" rearward of motor mount.

Frame is caved in at the bumpstop contact points.

I'm going to weld up all the cracks and plate the whole area (inner plane and bottom of the rail) with 1/8" plate, tied into the 10 gaguge that is already plating the outer part of the rail. I hope there is enough "good" metal there to attached the plates, that is just a few layers of sheet metal.

Comment

Wow..they really screwed up when making that vehicle without a frame, what were they thinking ?

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                            Wow..they really screwed up when making that vehicle without a frame, what were they thinking ?
                            I don't think they could have anticipated someone putting a Cherokee through what Jim has.
                            Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                              I don't think they could have anticipated someone putting a Cherokee through what Jim has.
                              No doubt. Ain't no mall crawler...

Comment

Working...
                              X