CORE Tour 2016, Oct 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORE Tour 2016, Oct 22-23

The dates for CT16 snuck up on us quick! We're just two weeks out, October 22nd and 23rd.

Haspin Acres had been a tradition for years, but last year we decided to try something different. It went well, so we're repeating it this year.

We'll start at Dirty Turtle Off Road (Bedford KY) on Saturday morning, wheel all day, and camp there Saturday night.
    They have bathhouses, a nice general store, and cabins available with heat and electric.

Then Sunday morning we'll pack up and head east, to Mud Madness. This is the old Hills N Hollars in Lockport KY.
    This should be less than an hour's drive, and a lot easier than the previous Haspin-DTOR trip.

Any and all are welcome, front and rear tow points are strongly suggested.
    Post up and I'll put a roster together. Look forward to seeing everybody out there!
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

- - Specifics and details - -

Times:
    We'll meet at the Union KY reststop (71/75 South, milemarker 177) at eight, which should put us at DTOR about 9:00 or 9:30

Sunday, we'll try to get up and gone by nine, to hit Lockport by ten. If someone wants to meet us for the back half, they can.

Facilities:
    DTOR has cabins that sleep four comfortably, up to eight if you're hard up. They're sparse, but do have heat, a/c, a microwave and minifridge.
    They also put in bathhouses that were really nice last year.
    There's a general store with some sxs parts, snack foods, and apparel.

Mud Madness, well, they have a barn where they take your money. And maybe a portalet.

Prices:
    DTOR's day pass is $20 driver and $10 passenger, plus a $5 primitive camping fee that includes bathhouse access.
    I did verify that as long as we're not wheeling Sunday before we leave, we won't have to pay the weekend rate.
    The cabins are now $75, regardless of headcount. They do need to be reserved, with a deposit.

Mud Madness is $15 driver, $10 passengers.

Addresses, Distances and Drive Times:
    Dirty Turtle Off Road: 93 Bucks Run Road, Bedford, Kentucky 40006
    Mud Madness: 2740 Harpers Ferry Rd, Lockport, Kentucky 40036

Union Reststop to Dirty Turtle: 53 miles, 56 minutes
    DTOR to Mud Madness: 36 miles, 56 minutes
    Mud Madness to Cincinnati (via 355/277): 77 miles, 1:26

http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mud-M...48910518620973
    Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 10-09-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

So far it's:
      Me and Amanda
      Jeff and Allie
      Kevin OBryan
      Brad Bean
      Brian and Cierra
      Eric Jennings
      Tommy Telando
      Robbi Weis
      Sam Strakowski

And maybe:
      Jim Crawford
      Cliff Thompson
      Eric Downing
      Mike Vance

Out:
      Tony Vilardo
      Andy Morgan
      Mark Troxell
      Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 10-21-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Due to Harlan Carnage that ended my Run Saturday afternoon on Crawford Cry shearing 2 lower bolts off in my rear diff housing I will be out if commission for this trip, might possibly be able to go in my son's truck on Sunday.
        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
          Carnage on Crawford Cry...
          Well, it is fitting...

Sorry about your luck, hope we see you Sunday!

Comment

I did verify with DTOR that since we're not wheeling Sunday before we leave, we'll only have to pay the $20 day rate for Saturday, plus the $5 camping fee.

Not the $35 weekend rate.

Comment

I will be there with the rzr for both.

Comment

I would like to go but it depends on how my son's team does in the playoffs. If they win tomorrow the next game will be that weekend.

Comment

As of right now planning on going to DTOR on Saturday and possibly Mad Madness on Sunday.

Is anybody else renting one of the cabins? What are people's thoughts on these?

Probably bringing at least a couple of the kids with me and that's a LOT of camping gear to haul around especially when it's down in the 40's at night. Of course probably should check to see if they have any available!

Comment

Called and they just booked their last one 5 minutes ago.......that's what I get for waiting too long.

Comment

The only good thing about their cabins, or sheds with beds, is they have heat and ac. The one i rented was full of flies. Walking to the bathrooms when it's cold sucks. I would rather sleep in my van vrs the sheds. Glad i got my hauler now. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                        The only good thing about their cabins, or sheds with beds, is they have heat and ac.
                        They now advertise a microwave and minifridge.

I agree, bachelor camping and mild weather, I'm perfectly happy in the Burb.

But if it gets cold, or you're camping with the family, they do start to make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                          They now advertise a microwave and minifridge.

I agree, bachelor camping and mild weather, I'm perfectly happy in the Burb.

But if it gets cold, or you're camping with the family, they do start to make more sense.
                          No doubt, but calling them cabins is a stretch... bunk house maybe...

Comment

Me and mark will just meet up at dtor. Dont wait on us at the rest stop.

Comment

That is all you dude. 😅

Comment

Working...
                              X