Videos from Natural Bridge trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos from Natural Bridge trails

My other club had their annual fall ride down in the Natural Bridge area last weekend. Some good videos below. They rode the Sandlick area on Friday which includes Widowmaker and Carb Hill, then around Charles Booth's property on Saturday for trails like Lower Staircase and Hairpin.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UClj7oRhON0POK39Obfw9YzQ

Good time

We had great weather and a awesome time!

Comment

Wish I could have made it down there for this trip but the timing wasn't right. I'm a plan for it next year though.

Unless I can get a group together before then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      www.offroadohio.com
      www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
      www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
      www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Where did you all park and camp?
        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

I do not speak for the group that went down but I was just down in Slade on Labor Day and we went with Callie's Campground. It's a newer Campground but it is very nicely set up and the owners were more than accommodating. We happened upon them by accident because we had some issues with the first Campground we attempted to stay at.

I will always stay at Kelly's when I head to slade

www.offroadohio.com

Comment

There are still people parking and camping on Sand Lake Road.

www.offroadohio.com

Comment

how is that location getting to it? Are the trees running it over? and is the road safe to pull a RV back there? really wanting to go back next year...

In regards to Kellys...any information you can provide would be welcome as well.
              How much?
              Where?
              Contact?
              distance to the trails? Road or backroads?
              sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Sand Lick is still in decent shape. A couple of years ago they came back with a dozer and smoothed it out plus cut back all the brush. There are some holes starting to develop again but they are nothing like what was back there before. Last year we brought a 30 ft bumper pull camper back there without any issues.

If you stay at Sand Lick, remember your vehicle must be liscensed. And because this area is public lands, the rangers are patrolling it. I have been checked for plates and for seat belts in that area. Once Hollerwood park is open there should be better access for vehicles that are not liscensed.

Comment

Callies. Not kellys. Phone corrected it.

Here is the website.

http://redrivergorgecampgroundofky.c...dresources.com

This place is only a couple miles from the Daniel Boone back country byway loop.

It's 6 miles to sand lick road.

Google doesn't show callies but if you search bowen farm bed and breakfast the campground is behind it (around the pond)

www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Slade

My buggy is not street legal. I just took my chances and didn't have any problems. I was going to take my Tj but was afraid of body damage and figured a ticket was cheaper than fixing windows or a new hard top. lol

Comment

Most if not all of this group stayed at Lil' Abners motel.....which is kind of the tradition for this trip especially because of how unpredictable the weather can be in November. Except for the buggy listed above I think all of the rigs are licensed. The Ohio 4x4 Trailriders club out of Columbus is comprised of mostly licensed rigs since a lot of trails we run require either some pavement driving between trails, or the trails themselves are technically township roads. As you can see in the videos a licensed rig doesn't mean a TJ with 33's on it. A lot of rigs could easily get a handful of "fix-it" tickets for multiple reasons but not like you need to have the rig inspected every year to renew the plates. It really opens up the options for places to go.

For the Natural Bridge/Slade area there hasn't been much change in the available trails for a long time. They closed down a few places like the Nature Trail and driving over one of the actual natural bridges but that was probably 10 years ago? We normally spend one day running around the Sandlick area with the only pavement driving being to and from the motel or a campground. The next day is around Booth's property with short sections of pavement between trails/obstacles. A lot of the pavement miles are small backroads back in the hills in which I doubt you would have issues getting pulled over. Not familiar enough with the area but you could probably get between most areas with less pavement time but we would jump on some roads to get between good trails faster.

Comment

Working...
                      X