June schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June schedule

In June, we normally do our Members Cookout at Rich's in lieu of the monthly meeting, but we haven't even started talking about it. Is that still on? Or with the big Moab trip, should we just plan on having the meeting at Frickers on the 14th?

And, is anyone planning on Windrock? Lotta guys will just be back from Moab, and others may still be recovering from Harlan?

(I missed making plans for Memorial Day, so I'm itching to do something soon!)
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

When is Windrock?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
      When is Windrock?
      On the calendar for the 14-17. Right when you get back...

Comment

Let's plan on Rich's later in June. I definitely want to go to Windrock, but when doesn't matter. Crawford might have already asked off that date.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
          Let's plan on Rich's later in June. I definitely want to go to Windrock, but when doesn't matter. Crawford might have already asked off that date.
          That's the only Full weekend that I have off for the entire Month, if I don't go somewhere that weekend I don't get to go at all.
          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

We still want to go

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Monkey View Post
              We still want to go
              I think I'm gonna try to get a local daytrip together as an alternative. My understanding is that WindRock is pretty hardcore, no pun intended...

I can't do that weekend anyway, maybe the one before, probably the one after. 23rd or 24th?

Comment

Oh, okay, so it's not so bad...

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                  I think I'm gonna try to get a local daytrip together as an alternative. My understanding is that WindRock is pretty hardcore, no pun intended...
                  Windrock is 72,000 acres with over 300 miles of trails. They rate the trails on 4 levels: Easy, Moderate, Difficult, and Most Difficult. Only about 11 miles of the trails are designated Most Difficult and about 30 miles are designated as difficult. The remaining 250+ miles of trails are all easy to moderate.

11 miles of hardcore rockcrawling is quite a bit, but point being there is plenty of non-extreme trails people could have fun on.

Comment

Okay, let me clarify: The stuff our guys will be hitting is pretty hardcore. And I don't think we'll have anybody there to tool around with on the milder trails, and heading out alone in a park that big seems like a really bad idea...

Comment

Since there were only 2 full size rigs going to Windrock, the trip is off.

Comment

Working...
                      X