No announcement yet.

Windrock July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I need to bring the windshield and figure out why the wipers are staying on when the key is turned to run. Didn't have this issue while out in Moab.

Comment

Come on Thursday...

Comment

Ready to get traction again, it's been a while.
        Attached Files
        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Did you make the modifications for the new tires to fit? Or did you have to go with some wheel spacers?

Comment

Didn't have a choice due to the backspacing of the Aluminum Wheels, I had to add 1.5 inch to each wheel to get it right.

Comment

Looks good and aggressive! Can’t wait to see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to windrock about 12:30 and it had just quit raining. The lady that checked us in said had rain for 3 days.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20180628_125657.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	72598

Me and Jimmy went scouting for some good trails and we came up one that had water rushing down it like a creek for like a mile. It was definitely different. There's so much Rock in the soil that you don't even get muddy.

Name:	20180628_162641.jpeg
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	72599

After riding for 3 hours this is all I got on my RZR.

Name:	20180628_192233.jpeg
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	72600

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                  I blew a brake line the second I pulled away with the trailer. Better to happen here at home thats for sure. Wish I was there.....
                  So not gonna head down today??

Comment

That sucks...

Fwiw, I put the same kit on my Burb a couple years ago. Or, actually, I paid Robbi to do it. Far as I know, he was able to bleed it normally. I had heard the same thing about having to cycle the ABS, but he said he didn't...
                    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                      That sucks...

Fwiw, I put the same kit on my Burb a couple years ago. Or, actually, I paid Robbi to do it. Far as I know, he was able to bleed it normally. I had heard the same thing about having to cycle the ABS, but he said he didn't...
                      I did the full stainless line replacement on mine last year. The really long line that goes from the ABS module all the way to the rear axle was a PITA as it threads in between the frame and gas tank. A second set of hands would probably make it a lot easier. I did wind up taking the bed loose on the driver's side and jacking it up about 3-4".

No problem bleeding the brakes that I can tell. After doing the initial bleeding I took it out on some gravel and did a few panic stops to activate the ABS, then bled them again.

Comment

Not what I wanted to see in my rear differential inspection hole after Windrock.

This will put me outa commission for Rich's place so that I can get apart and salvage the New Heavy duty Toyota pinion Bearings I installed last year when I had the Diff out from breaking the rear Chromoly axle.

(lesson Learned)
                        If you loose all your gear oil like I did in October 2016 at Harlan and drive it back to camp thinking it's (LUBED or WET ) enough you will learn the hard way...This did cause some minor damage that I thought would be ok..I was wrong..
                        But I'm also sure that going from my I slicks to 40 inch Stickies with surprised traction didn't help either.

Will have to setup new gears and break in properly before Golden Mountain. (If all goes Well with that)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here’s some pics from my phone!

Comment

Oh and here’s Kevin’s makeshift hub repair.. lol Self Tappers to hold the hub on... lasted all the way up until the last trip back to camp.

Comment

Bent up another custom sleeved Drive shaft that I was told I wouldn't bend without tearing up something else. So I am gonna beef up even heavier and see what bends/ breaks next.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                                Bent up another custom sleeved Drive shaft that I was told I wouldn't bend without tearing up something else. So I am gonna beef up even heavier and see what bends/ breaks next.
                                I looked Saturday, i do have fresh driveshaft if you wanted to resleeve another.
                                1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Working...
                                X