Rush 7/21 - small trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush 7/21 - small trip

Had a really nice trip down to Rush Off-Road on Saturday for a little SxS riding. A couple I know decided to trade their road motorcycle in for a SxS a month ago and wanted to try it out at a real park (FYI - had this trip planned before rescheduling the club cookout) so offered to go ride with them.

Weather turned out almost perfect considering what the forecast said. It was partly sunny most of the day and not really that wet. There was a light 30 minute shower around 4:30 that afternoon.

See if the below pic shows up but the solid blue line is our GPS track. Ran almost 40 miles. I've been down there several times in the past and have never seen anywhere close to this much of the park. We did stay away from the more difficult stuff because it was there first time out, and I finally broke a front axle shaft so spent most of the time in 2wd.

So how did you break an axle shaft doing all the easy stuff[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
      So how did you break an axle shaft doing all the easy stuff[emoji848]

Pretty sure the damage came from the previous Rush trip where it saw a lot of full throttle rock bashing, and then finally let go. I was trying to climb a short but steep hill by straddling some deep ruts and the front tires slipped down in to them pretty hard. The combination of much heavier and taller tires with 2" deep lugs might be a little hard on things...........

Comment

Actually I should blame the broke axle on Tim since he did ride with me most of the time, and it was the passenger front that broke!

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
          Actually I should blame the broke axle on Tim since he did ride with me most of the time, and it was the passenger front that broke!
          [emoji23]

Comment

Dealer just verified that the axle is being covered under standard factory 3 year warranty.....even knowing it has lift installed. He did warn me that the new one will fail in the same amount of time. Guess I can live with that considering it took over 2 years to break the first. Already have a set of spares but really wanted the really good factory kawasaki axle that cost $400

Comment

Gotta love a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                Gotta love a warranty.
                Thought for sure I would have to make the 1.5 hour round trip to my dealer. After bringing that up they offered to just ship the axle to my house....it takes about 30 minutes to swap it out so a lot less time for me.

Comment

Working...
                X