Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollerwood Park, Stanton KY, Aug 2-4 (or 9-11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollerwood Park, Stanton KY, Aug 2-4 (or 9-11)

This was supposed to be a trip to Bear Wallow WV, but apparently there have been trail closures that will make that impossible.

As an alternative, we're talking about Hollerwood. This is 2,500 acres in and around the old Slade trails. But now, it is privately leased land, so vehicles are no longer required to be licensed and insured. That's a big deal for many of our Members.

Jeff has had a number of conversations with the guy who's running the show down there. He is very eager to have us down, and is making the investments needed to make it a premier destination. The park has a lot of potential, and this could be a great time to go check it out.

Google shows it as 142 miles from downtown Cincinnati, but since it's almost all highway, only two hours and ten minutes drive. They don't offer a daily pass, but it's $40/mo or $75/yr.

More info on their website: www.hollerwoodpark.com

I personally haven't been out since Memorial Day, so if this happens, I'm really going to try to make it.

So, discuss!
    Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM.
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

If you are going to get a hollerwood pass Should go ahead and get a Bone Yard pass as well. The properties are right next to each other but you need a different pass for each.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
      If you are going to get a hollerwood pass Should go ahead and get a Bone Yard pass as well. The properties are right next to each other but you need a different pass for each.
      I knew they were neighbors, but it seemed like there was some drama with the Boneyard that I would just as soon avoid...

Comment

Unfortunately you kind of don't have a choice. Some of the obstacles and trails are on both properties

Comment

Really? That's jacked. It's only another $25 for the weekend, but $65 total is going to bother some.

Plus, not having defined boundaries is just a recipe for trouble...

Jeff, what does your guy say?

Comment

I was down there back in March and the Boneyard boundaries between Hollerwood are pretty well marked. If you don't have a Boneyard pass you aren't missing too many of the obstacles. They really only have Townsend Cave and Holiday Hill. Hollerwood has Little and Big Widowmaker, Shotgun, & Casey's Climb. Plus they have been adding lots of new trails the past couple of months. Just FYI, the forest service has closed Rattlesnake and Carb Hill.

If you need any info, Keith Mason is the guy to talk to down there. He is the one running the office and trail maintenance.

Comment

I hear they now have maps and well marked trails. Last year had to take a photo of the master map from my phone.
              Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
              2000 Wrangler TJ
              1967 CJ5A
              2004 Tow rig

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                I would be open to going there because it's slade and you dont need to have a vehicle registered. Would be nice to push it back one week though.
                So, the 9th-11th?

Works for me. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                  So, the 9th-11th?

Works for me. Anybody else?
                  I'm game for the 9-11th. My dad is currently in South or North Dakota... can't remember which one lol He's out there with some friends on his bike that he trailer-ed out with the toy hauler. I would create an event on FB CORE's page and I'm sure people will see it there as well.

Plus this allows Kevin some more time to get his truck done!

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                    Unfortunately you kind of don't have a choice. Some of the obstacles and trails are on both properties

Tony are you in for the 9-11th?

Comment

Originally posted by Ky Mudhunter View Post
                      Hollerwood has Little and Big Widowmaker, Shotgun, & Casey's Climb. Plus they have been adding lots of new trails the past couple of months.
                      So.. Are those the only trails out there that are somewhat challenging?

Comment

Those are the main challenging trails that are within park boundaries. There may be some more that they have added but I have not rode them yet.

Comment

It would be a lot of fun to get some people and a couple hours to clear upper staircase and run that again

Comment

SO who would be in for this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                              SO who would be in for this trip?
                              I'm definitely in, if we can get somebody to show us around. Your dad has been in touch with whoever is running the show, hopefully he'll chime in when he gets back from SD.

Comment

Working...
                              X